Hyundai Forums banner

Leather seat crack...

9K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  Pinto_Siftbean 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

I've recently noticed that my drivers side leather seat is showing a 1 inch crack in the leather.

All of my Santa Fe's seats have been carefully cleaned and conditioned since day one. And all of my seats look pristine.

I'm a bit disappointed with this :(

Does anyone know if this is something that is covered by Hyundai's warranty? My Santa Fe was purchased in 2009 and only has 60,000 KM's on it.

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers!

#3 ·
When I go in for my oil change, I'm going to have them take a look at it.

I understand and agree with wear over time, but this crack is on the side of the seat, where there is no physical contact to produce wear. What I'm seeing is material failure.

I'll let everyone know the outcome.

Cheers!

#5 ·
Hi Bobbyg9. It's not ripped "yet", but it's located right in between/middle of the side of the cushion, you can see a cracked area where it's showing some fray.

I'll try and take a pic tomorrow and will post it here.

Cheers!

#7 ·
yes but his is out of warranty. I checked when I went in to Hyundai and they wanted $1500 to replace the entire seat cushion includes labor, it appears they just dont replace the cushion cover. I checked on line and most other Hyundai dealers offer the same entire cushion for $1000 less labor. anyone know a good car upholster in the chicago area??

#12 ·
I haven't looked at the warranty, though, to see whether the upholstery is part of the 5/100km warranty. Things like the electronics were running something on the order of 3/30 if I recall correctly, so there are some exceptions.
Seats are covered to 100,000km. Only issue I had was when it was cracking the second time, they tried to say they had already fixed it under warranty once and would not do it again.. a bit of calm arguing on my side and they sent the seat to a local upholsterer who bolstered the side of the seat to be stronger and he recovered it.. no issues since.
Dealer called it a "good will" repair

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.