Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have always had good luck with Meguiars products...but I imagine any brand name leather cleaner would be just fine... Oh, and by the way, Mr.Clean magic erasers are FANTASTIC for cleaning leather..and just about anything else...they are AMAZING!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have always had good luck with Meguiars products...but I imagine any brand name leather cleaner would be just fine... Oh, and by the way, Mr.Clean magic erasers are FANTASTIC for cleaning leather..and just about anything else...they are AMAZING!!
Yes indeed they are but please be careful with them as they are very very abrasive.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For the first little while I think the manual says just using a damp cloth is fine, I'm gonna be a total wussy and just follow that for a while.

·
Banned
730 Posts
I would NEVER use Mr. Clean magic erasers on a vehicle. At least not on any part I cared about the finish. Did I say I would never use them on leather. They are significantly more abrasive than what they appear or feel like. There is a reason they clean the baked on food from the bottom of your frying pan, and it's not because it is warm and fuzzy..

Also, the leather in virtually all new cars is actually "plastic coated" or "finished leather"? The way to test for this is to place a drop of water on the seat and see if it basically "soaks" into the seat or discolors it. The only real leather these days would be from Europe, and then I assume it would be a very high end car. Here is a link for more info...

Automotive Leather

·
Registered
95 Posts
What do you use to clean your SF's interior

I've been using Low Gloss Armor All on all my past vehicles and now on the SF as well. Its good on most of the surfaces including the leather seats but I found that it did not work so well on the surface areas that contain the window and door locks as well as the front panel. The reulst were streaking and I used a paper towel with windex to clean off the streaks. I don't want to use a harsh chemical liek WIndex on the those surfaces. What do you use for those areas?

·
Banned
532 Posts
Search "leather seat care" & while your at it "how do you wash your santa Fe".

A plethora of information will be at your finger tips.

jd

·
Registered
81 Posts
Ugh do not use Armor All. Crappy, oily, greasy and it will eventually dry out the plastic and leather surfaces.

Everyone is going to have their favorite cleaning solution but I will throw mine your way.

Blackfire All-In-One All Purpose Cleaner in a 4:1 dilution. I have used it on all interior surfaces including the NAV screen with no issues. If you decide to try it make sure you dilute it 4:1 because full strength will be too aggresive for interior cleaning.

·
Registered
225 Posts
lysol, pine-sol, murphys oil, baby wipes

kidding.

preferred cleaning care products have kind of been killed to death before in numerous threads, search and you shall be rewarded with answers

1 - 20 of 52 Posts