Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, wtf?? I've had my car for just a little over a month and the leather trim on the seats are loosing their color?? It's like the leather is painted and not dyed? Is this normal? I refuse to believe that a 26k car would have such sub-standard materials inside......... Anyone else have this problem? Fwiw, my seats are the dark grey cloth/leather.

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (midnightNF @ Aug 30 2010, 07:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353094
Hey guys, wtf?? I've had my car for just a little over a month and the leather trim on the seats are loosing their color?? It's like the leather is painted and not dyed? Is this normal? I refuse to believe that a 26k car would have such sub-standard materials inside......... Anyone else have this problem? Fwiw, my seats are the dark grey cloth/leather.
You have Cloth & Leather? I just have the Leather and not a rip or tear anywhere :trophy:

·
Registered
60 Posts
I haven't noticed that on mine yet and it's a 2009.

·
Registered
154 Posts
QUOTE (midnightNF @ Aug 30 2010, 06:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353094
Unfortunately a lot of cars in Texas have a hard time standing the heat. We used to own a '03 Dodge Intrepid, the vents in the dash literally melted one day. Is it just the drivers seat?

·
Banned
335 Posts
QUOTE (NFV6 @ Aug 30 2010, 08:54 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=353111
You have Cloth & Leather? I just have the Leather and not a rip or tear anywhere :trophy:
I think the Cloth/Leather which is only available on the SE might have some problems. The Limited has no Cloth,
and probably has the same 'Pleather' that my LX has. While it is still under Warranty, especially during the first 12
Months, I would take it in. I live in an area that gets very warm, with 100% sun. I do condition my Seats with Leather
treatment, but this should not happen!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have an 09 SE with the dark gray cloth and leather and it is like brand new yet, I have almost 14k miles on mine I would see the dealer about it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts