Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with leather, what are you using to clean\condition it? I saw the dealer sells Lexol. Is that a good product or what do you recommend? I am huge Zaino fan for the exterior paint and I was also looking at Z9 and Z10.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Leatherique is the best stuff I have ever used. It;s not cheap but is used t restore and maintain many exotic leathers.

http://www.leatherique.com/

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (morenar @ Apr 12 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312552
For those of you with leather, what are you using to clean\condition it? I saw the dealer sells Lexol. Is that a good product or what do you recommend? I am huge Zaino fan for the exterior paint and I was also looking at Z9 and Z10.
I am by no means an expert, but Ive been into car detailing for about the past 15 years and Lexol has always been my leather cleaner/conditioner of choice. Thats not to say that there arent better or just as good ones out there, but I am very satisfied with the results. My Trans Am has a leather interior and Ive used Lexol since it was new and the seats are still in great condition after 12 years and 84k miles.

·
Registered
11 Posts
For those of us who are new to taking care of our cars :), what else would you recommend to clean the interior? Ie, the hard plastic, console, etc? I don't think Windex would cut it :)

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
QUOTE (batch5 @ Apr 12 2010, 04:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312592
For those of us who are new to taking care of our cars :), what else would you recommend to clean the interior? Ie, the hard plastic, console, etc? I don't think Windex would cut it :)
I use to detail and I can say you want to use something mild and doesn't leave any residue behind. Anything that leaves a shiny or oily residue is not helping your car. That stuff just attracts dust and ends up getting transfered everywhere by your fingers. A simple vinyl cleaner will do. You can also use a mild protectant for your dash and other areas that get beat on by the sun. Just don't use the oily shiny kind. Window tint and a sun shade are the best protectors of your cars interior.

For you leather you want a conditioner that will absorbs into the leather. If it just wipes on top and leaves it looking shiny it's not doing anything. It's like your skin. Do you want a lotion that sits on your face and makes it shiny or do you want one that absorbs into your skin and moisterizes it.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
QUOTE (morenar @ Apr 12 2010, 01:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312552
I used the Zaino products on my Infiniti G35, and had excellent results. I plan on getting some more soon.

·
Registered
166 Posts
QUOTE (morenar @ Apr 12 2010, 02:21 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312552
Zaino leather stuff is great. Use it on my BMW 335, on my Hyundai now, and on my previous cars. No complaints! I'm a huge zaino fan though :)

·
Registered
267 Posts
I highly recommend Meguiar's spray All-Surface Interior cleaner and protectant. Does a beautiful detailing job on all of the interior pieces including plastic, vinyl, rubber, metal and audio/video screens (with a follow-up buffing with microfibre). It really cleans nicely and leaves a natural appearence and not a "hard shine" like ArmorAll or similar products. It's also available in a pop-up canister of wipes for quick touchups.

Don

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE (DonRich90 @ Apr 12 2010, 07:30 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=312661
I highly recommend Meguiar's spray All-Surface Interior cleaner and protectant. Does a beautiful detailing job on all of the interior pieces including plastic, vinyl, rubber, metal and audio/video screens (with a follow-up buffing with microfibre). It really cleans nicely and leaves a natural appearence and not a "hard shine" like ArmorAll or similar products. It's also available in a pop-up canister of wipes for quick touchups.

Don
Thanks! Is this it: http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-Interior-De...g#RGABC8TP56252

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Outside of the leather I use Turtle Wax's ICE Total interior. Does not leave that sticky feel or shiny look on the interior and it leaves a nice smell.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I detailed the entire interior of my SE today and it really made the "new car look" even better. The difference between the as-delivered look and the detailing is very subtle but it makes a nice difference. You'd have to compare the detailed parts to the parts you haven't done yet to really appreciate the more "finished' appearence of the treated surfaces.
For all of the hard surfaces (dash, console, doors, display screens, seat bases, kick panels, plastic door sills, etc) I used the Meguiars Quik interior Detailer mentioned above. It leaves a more natural finish rather than the hard shine of ArmorAll-type products. For the leather trim I used Maguiars Gold Class Rich Leather spray ( http://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-G10916-Clas...f=cm_cr_pr_pb_t ). Nice smooth even finish with just a hint of gloss. I applied the products with a small micrfibre pad (avoiding the messy overspray using the spray bottles) and buffed dry with a microfibre cloth.
The whole project took about 2 hours and was well worth the effort.

Don

1 - 14 of 14 Posts