Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I leased a 2011 Hyundai Sonata about 3 years ago and that lease is coming due in a few months. The vehicle is a 2.0L Turbo, with aftermarket Katzkin leather, with only 30k miles, no dents, accidents etc... Pretty much in mint condition, I take pride in taking care of my vehicles. It has been a great vehicle to own!

My initial thought is to split the price between the dealers selling my returned lease vehicle at auction vs the buyout price.

I am interested in negotiating a end-of-lease buyout price. I would appreciate this forums thought regarding successful approaches and/or alternatives.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried to negotiate a buyout of a Taurus SHO I leased once. As even the retail trade in KBB value was less than the residual. Since Ford owned the lease, my dealer had no input on price. I contacted Ford and they said that they would not modify the contract. I was unsuccessful and had offered $5.000 above auction price.

·
Registered
17 Posts
It doesn't make sense why they won't negotiate on price, but it is my understanding that you can structure the lease in (2) ways. Either you pay a higher monthly payment & it makes sense for you to buy the car or you don't and the car isn't worth what they want. I specifically asked about those options before we bought our car but ultimately the dealer doesn't own the car, Hyundai does. They seem to be going through the auction around $17,000 + for a 2011 depending on miles & options installed. Not much room for profit depending if the dealer stole it from a local trade-in. How much did you offer Hyundai?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts