Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed a small puddle in front of the car for the past day so I got to looking and it looks like the washer fluid is leaking from the bottom of the reservoir. I couldn't tell if it was from a hose or the pump I just undid a small section of the plastics underneath. Is there a common faiure point on these? Not very happy about it since I just had to get an abs sensor replaced 2 weeks ago. Stuff like this shouldn't be going out at 65k.

Attachments

·
Registered
585 Posts
Noticed a small puddle in front of the car for the past day so I got to looking and it looks like the washer fluid is leaking from the bottom of the reservoir. I couldn't tell if it was from a hose or the pump I just undid a small section of the plastics underneath. Is there a common faiure point on these? Not very happy about it since I just had to get an abs sensor replaced 2 weeks ago. Stuff like this shouldn't be going out at 65k.
65.000 kms?

No.. it should not be leaking. Dealer should replace it being its a defective part/gasket/oring/resevoire what ever is Leaking no Questions asked.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No not 65,000 km, 65 thousand miles. Dealer wont cover it since its past the 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty. If it's the pump I'm pretty confident in changing it myself. Plus it's like a 12 dollar part.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
No not 65,000 km, 65 thousand miles. Dealer wont cover it since its past the 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty. If it's the pump I'm pretty confident in changing it myself. Plus it's like a 12 dollar part.

Well,, pic indicates you was already in there,, look a little closer to see what actual source of leak is

Not too unusual to see a pump body leak.. pull old part out make sure grommet in tamk bore properly,, apply a coat of vasoline to barbed fitting of pump, and insert to grommet and make sure all secure and lined up..

Refill bottle and inspect work performed

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
<< Stuff like this shouldn't be going out at 65k. >>

With all due respect, a vehicle is a mechanical device. Things ARE going to fail "just because" even in a $100,000 automobile. Talk to a Cadillac owner some time.

In a case like this it could be a leaking pump, fitting, hose, or reservoir either due to age and use or possibly freezing if it held straight water and it was cold enough where you live.

Many of our GM customers would LOVE to only have something as simple as this happen in 65,000 miles......

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
<< Stuff like this shouldn't be going out at 65k. >>

With all due respect, a vehicle is a mechanical device. Things ARE going to fail "just because" even in a $100,000 automobile. Talk to a Cadillac owner some time.

In a case like this it could be a leaking pump, fitting, hose, or reservoir either due to age and use or possibly freezing if it held straight water and it was cold enough where you live.

Many of our GM customers would LOVE to only have something as simple as this happen in 65,000 miles......
Yeah, my neighbor buys Cadillac's, and seems like they always end up with a blown head gasket, where he promptly buys another Cadillac. I don't think he gets the correlation.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Is there a common faiure point on these? Not very happy about it since I just had to get an abs sensor replaced 2 weeks ago. Stuff like this shouldn't be going out at 65k.
Looks similar to mine last June when the dealer replaced the washer pump &
the frayed driver's seat belt at 25K miles.

·
Registered
2 Posts

Happened in February to my 2013 santa fe. Happening as we speak to my 2019 ironman kona that only has 7k miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Likely the washer PUMP has cracked. Dealer will quote you $250 for repair. Instead, $30 part on Ama#*&.com and 30 minutes of your time. Very easy repair.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Off topic but it took almost 30 years for the washer pump to start leaking on my 93 Chevy van. lol! Rockauto to the rescue!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts