Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my car to the dealer the other day for what I thought was a leak related to the sunroof. Turns out that one of the body join seams where the roof meets the side of the car was not properly sealed. I'm wondering if anybody else has had the same problem. First evidence was the C-pillar above the rear side window getting wet. They say it's been fixed and they will replace the headliner due to staining when it comes in. (a couple weeks).

·
Registered
17,570 Posts
We've had some goofy leaks, all from missing body sealer at joints where layers of sheet steel overlap..

Had a right front that we had to take fender off, then cut spot welds using tool borrowed from body shop to remove a piece of stamped steel,then we could see where wwe needed to be.. apply goop from body shop, then body shop kid come over and weld part back in place, spray some undercoat on it, then re-install fender.. the YF is good for missing seam seal, missing welds make for panel noise with body flex.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.