Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought my '06 Getz 1.4 GSi last June (2nd hand) and so far I've been quite impressed. However, I now have a few small pools of coolant on my drive which looks to be coming from the coolant drain. I've just taken it to a local garage (non Hyundai) for a quick inspection and they suggest the drain thread (?) is no longer intact so I'll need a new radiator.

So I've booked it in with my local Hyundai dealer to establish if this is the problem and if so is it covered under the warranty.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so what was the outcome?

Rgds
Simon

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
QUOTE (Simonfitzuk @ Apr 20 2010, 08:03 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=314887
Bought my '06 Getz 1.4 GSi last June (2nd hand) and so far I've been quite impressed. However, I now have a few small pools of coolant on my drive which looks to be coming from the coolant drain. I've just taken it to a local garage (non Hyundai) for a quick inspection and they suggest the drain thread (?) is no longer intact so I'll need a new radiator.

So I've booked it in with my local Hyundai dealer to establish if this is the problem and if so is it covered under the warranty.

Has anyone else come across this problem and if so what was the outcome?

Rgds
Simon
why dont u unscrew the plug and wrap the threads it in teflon tape it screw t back in? see if that works.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts