Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a little problem, about 4 months my dealer installed an air condition in my car.
But since i got it sometimes it leaks.
Its under the handglove box on the left (see picture down)

anyone got an idea what this could be?
Its not spilling lots and lots of water just some drups but you can see it on the rubber mats.

regards, sven

http://www.hyundai-forums.com/index.php?ac...st&id=17650

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Hi Sven and :00000732: to the forums.

Air conditioning can some times drip 'condensed' water from them, usually noticed as a slight damp patch under the car, but not in the cabin???? Have you asked the dealer about this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,

Yes they already looked twice and said it was okay now.
In october the car must go back for the yearly inspection, i do not have the time to go back now.

It will have to wait.
Its really strange.

There are also no rare smells in the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It states in my handbook, about the glove box, 'Whilst using the cooling function, a small amount of condensed moisture could damage your pieces of paper' which I suppose is Korean for 'drops of moisture may occur in your glove box'.

I assume that this can be prevented by closing the sliding vent (if you have one) inside the glove box. Don't know if that helps.

·
Registered
190 Posts
When the A/C is in operation Condensation builds up on the Evaporator that is located in the Airbox/Heater.

This condensation/water runs off the evaporator and should exit the vehicle via a drain pipe that is routed to the outside of the vehicle.

Should this pipe become blocked, then the condensation will overflow and end uo running into the footwell..

I am presuming from the start of this thread that you had the A/C fitted after you received the vehicle? If so, is the drain pipe present and not blocked?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.