Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I have a 52 reg Coupe that has developed a very strange leak in the passenger footwell. It only happens when the car is turning right.

The water (I assume it's water) is cold at all times, even when the heater matrix is very hot (implying it's not coming from there) and the levels of washer fluid and radiator fluid do not seem to be dropping. It hasn't rained here for at least three weeks so unlikely to be rainwater leaking in. I am completely stumped.

Have tried removing some trim and the air blower to get a better look but it seems to emerge from behind the main ducting somewhere you cannot see and it quickly becomes difficult to remove much more stuff without embarking on complete dash-out type operations......

Does anyone have any ideas????? All suggestions gratefully received as next stop Hyundai main dealer (really don't want to do that.....)

Cheers, Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (jsinton @ Jul 5 2010, 09:41 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=338941
Are you running air conditioning?
To be honest, it's my Mum's car so I'm not entirely sure of her air-con habits. I know the air-con seems to come on automatically when you start the engine as it irritates me a bit if I'm moving her car around the drive or whatever...not sure if she manages to turn it off.

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
If it's not raining, and you're pretty sure it's not antifreeze, then the other biggie is condensation from the air con. Possibly the drain tube fell off, or it's clogged with something, or maybe the case is leaking from a seam.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts