Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all!

So I've had my 2015 sonata limited with the ultimate package for about a month now and this has been driving me crazy. I've been searching all over with google, read the manual more than once and can't find an answer.

My sonata has the 4.2 LCD screen by the speedometer. On that screen there is an icon (car between two dotted lanes) that the LDWS is on when you turn it on, gone when you turn it off of course.

Not to confuse this with the LDWS warning "light" (which it does not have) similar to the check oil or low fuel (that are NOT on the LCD screen) as indicated on page 3-104 of the manual.

The manual seems to indicate that this LCD icon should be white when its turned on (page 5-70 of the manual) and doesn't talk about any other color. However, the LDWS icon is sometimes yellow, but it still seems fine when I test it on a lane line. After a while it goes to white, sometimes even goes back and forth between the colors. There is a separate area to say if it sees the left/right markers so I have no idea what yellow is supposed to mean.

I even found this on the LDWS pic for another Hyundai model ( w w w. hyundai-santafe.eu/) so it must not be broken?
It just bugs me not knowing what this means.
Does anyone know what the yellow LDWS icon on the LCD screen means??

(I'm too new to link a pic but I did put them in my pic album on this forum, if thats viewable to all)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Page 3-104 refers to this:

Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS) Indicator Light (if equipped)

This indicator light illuminates:

• [Green] When you activate the lane departure warning system by pressing the LDWS button.
• [White] When system operating conditions are not satisfied or
when the sensor does not detect the lane line
• [Yellow] When there is a malfunction with the lane departure warning system.

In this case, have your vehicle inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.

For more information, refer to “Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS)” in chapter 5.

·
Registered
98 Posts
The LDWS icon changes from white to green when the threshold speed has been reached (approx 43 or 44 mph). The system provides no warning below the threshold speed. The icon is present only when the LDWS is activated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmmmm.... so I figured out that it's me that is the problem.
Partial color blindness. :(

The LDWS light is a bright lime green (I'm told) with some yellow to it that looks a lot like just yellow to me when its active vs. the dark hunter green from the "auto hold" icon next to it.
I expected them to be the same color I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went to the dealership for something else, and I was told that there was a recall on the software for Lane Assist. They installed a patch and now my lane assist is more accurate. You may want to check with your dealership.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all!

So I've had my 2015 sonata limited with the ultimate package for about a month now and this has been driving me crazy. I've been searching all over with google, read the manual more than once and can't find an answer.

My sonata has the 4.2 LCD screen by the speedometer. On that screen there is an icon (car between two dotted lanes) that the LDWS is on when you turn it on, gone when you turn it off of course.

Not to confuse this with the LDWS warning "light" (which it does not have) similar to the check oil or low fuel (that are NOT on the LCD screen) as indicated on page 3-104 of the manual.

The manual seems to indicate that this LCD icon should be white when its turned on (page 5-70 of the manual) and doesn't talk about any other color. However, the LDWS icon is sometimes yellow, but it still seems fine when I test it on a lane line. After a while it goes to white, sometimes even goes back and forth between the colors. There is a separate area to say if it sees the left/right markers so I have no idea what yellow is supposed to mean.

I even found this on the LDWS pic for another Hyundai model ( w w w. hyundai-santafe.eu/) so it must not be broken?
It just bugs me not knowing what this means.
Does anyone know what the yellow LDWS icon on the LCD screen means??

(I'm too new to link a pic but I did put them in my pic album on this forum, if thats viewable to all)
This is the 2nd time that this has appeared on my Sonata 2015.
The first time, my car (on its own) accelerated and drove me into a pole!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts