Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After an hour or so of constant highway driving we would hear a single chime, gas tank had plenty of fuel so it couldn't be that.
After hearing a couple more of these chimes I finally noticed a message on the LCD screen.
There was a large flashing green circle with this text: Consider taking a break.
And below the text was an image of a steaming cup of coffee.
This intermittent interruption continued about every 15 minutes until I turned on the cruise control.
Then the chiming stopped. First vehicle I've had that nagged me like a mother.

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T; ‘22 Tucson Limited 2.5
2,690 Posts
After an hour or so of constant highway driving we would hear a single chime, gas tank had plenty of fuel so it couldn't be that.
After hearing a couple more of these chimes I finally noticed a message on the LCD screen.
There was a large flashing green circle with this text: Consider taking a break.
And below the text was an image of a steaming cup of coffee.
This intermittent interruption continued about every 15 minutes until I turned on the cruise control.
Then the chiming stopped. First vehicle I've had that nagged me like a mother.
It senses some erratic driving habits on your part. Yes, you can change the sensitivity settings.

·
Banned
6,978 Posts
Mine did that until one day when I raced a guy and it told me to take a brake at about 70 mph and then at about 100 mph it started blinking "Slow Down" and at about 130 mph it let out a loud scream and never bothered me again.

·
Banned
6,978 Posts
Now that I think about it....that may have been my granddaughter....

·
Registered
2019 Ultimate 2.0t AWD
168 Posts
There is a menu setting I noticed on the center LCD that has a level of attentiveness. I thought it would track your eyes and see if you paid attention to the road. I know some cars do that. I think Volvo or Volkswagen would track things like that.

·
Registered
2019 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T AWD
1,470 Posts
There is a menu setting I noticed on the center LCD that has a level of attentiveness. I thought it would track your eyes and see if you paid attention to the road. I know some cars do that. I think Volvo or Volkswagen would track things like that.
The SF doesn't have a camera facing the driver, which you would need to track that kind of info. It just uses input based on how long you have been driving.

·
Registered
131 Posts
........I thought it would track your eyes and see if you paid attention to the road. I know some cars do that. I think Volvo or Volkswagen would track things like that.
Subaru is the only one I know of that has a camera facing the driver. Can't speak specifically for Hyundai but in general terms the car tracks wheel inputs, speed deviance, brake applications, etc - uses these factors to rate your "alertness". I've been given the reading in DC are traffic - crazy stop & go w/ unpredictable stop and starts = it thinks you're tired ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.