Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I'm new to forum I was just after some clarity on a few things I'm inshore on first my engine is the g4ec 1.5 dohc
1. What turbo manifold will fit on my head
2.on another forum they where saying something about a
B18 will fit on the g4ec block. Is it true? And does any other fit mine
3. What larger injectors off another Hyundai will fit mine.
4. What would b required to fit a Speedo cluster with rpm if it to big of a job I'll just fit a tacho but I want it to look stock.
I've got a gt25 turbo for it not going to run heap of psi just to liven it up a bit. I'd swap motors but Carnt b stuffed with wiring unless there another motor that would fit that would only require a ecu or engine wiring harness change change

Sorry for questions but won't know if I don't ask any info would b a help as I've got a spare motor here that's the same with multi layed performance head gasket stud bolt kit and new seals and gaskets shims ect done so it a fresh motor kept stock internals as I ant going extreme just a reliable engine cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
i heard of beta swaps (engine from the Hyundai Tiburon into the accent). i think it would be worth putting a turbo into that engine than the little 1.5L or 1.6L engines we have. other than engine upgrades for our cars, suspension would be something looking into. DessertSeeker has good suspension upgrades into his car and if u want to, check out his page or some of things he has posted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
money ant a issue but i like idea of a sleeper. ill go root of beta engine whats the diff with beta 1 and 2. and ive seen somewhere on here someone had put a v6 version into a accent. any1 heard or know of any info about it. as id do the v6 conversion Its in shed at moment with engine out, so im ready to order another motor

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ive been looking its way to big of a job so im selling my motor i have spare and looking at a g4gf 2.0l version. are they a good motor and bolting up any dif tranny engine mounts ect.

·
Registered
86 Posts
yeah im not to sure how the job is done, but i would check online for any answers maybe even go to a shop and ask around. but yeah sleeper fosho

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
excellent choice. the 1.5/1.6L engines are not exactly prime candidates to turbo....or much else performance for that matter.

just start googling for beta swap. you'll find plenty of info. other forums have good guides on this job step by step.

there's still a good bit of custom work, but you'll end up with a better car in the end.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've done a exchange for my motor in car and spare motor for a swap for g4gf 2.0 motor with all loom and accessories so should b late next wk should b here. I've also ordered a canedic head gasket and stud bolts for it. Only thing I'm unshore on is turbos. What 1 would b suited for motor. I got head gasket and stud bolts to make it more reliable and I'm going to get shims bearings and new rings. I should be right with stock internals. I'm not looking for high boost but a but of fun.

Also front suspension when wheels spin it skips why does it do that.

I'll take photos as I go along so there will b a thread on it for other ppl looking at conversion.

I don't know y I'm doing as here in australia are big holdern and ford people but I wanted something different I guess

Ill

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
best advice i can give is get a copy of Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. let the old master teach you how to pick the right turbo:) just ignore his hard on for VATN turbos....

plus that way you're figuring it out for yourself with your own needs for your project in mind - not someone else's. you're also not making someone else's mistake.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts