Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys.
New to this forum. Hope all is well for you guys.

I was trying to add my 16 sonata to my Hyundai account so I can see if there is any firmware update. But blue link is locked so I would need to visit dealer to reset vin.
So looked everywhere if my firmware is outdated or latest. Unfortunately, could not find any firmware history and Hyundai representative did not know any thing.

Can anyone confirm the latest firmware version for 2016 Sonata se with display audio? Mine is
SW Ver: LF.USA.000.V067.151222
FW Ver: MICOM.ST.LF.USA.173.20151222

And I guess it would be nice to post/share year and specific model firmware version for those who need.
For example 2017 Sonata limited with nav Verizon:
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Hi guys.
New to this forum. Hope all is well for you guys.

I was trying to add my 16 sonata to my Hyundai account so I can see if there is any firmware update. But blue link is locked so I would need to visit dealer to reset vin.
So looked everywhere if my firmware is outdated or latest. Unfortunately, could not find any firmware history and Hyundai representative did not know any thing.

Can anyone confirm the latest firmware version for 2016 Sonata se with display audio? Mine is
SW Ver: LF.USA.000.V067.151222
FW Ver: MICOM.ST.LF.USA.173.20151222

And I guess it would be nice to post/share year and specific model firmware version for those who need.
For example 2017 Sonata limited with nav Verizon:
Thanks.
Do you have both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto? If not, then there is a newer firmware available for your radio. I don't know if you can download it the same way navigation models can however, since we have an SD card in the dashboard.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you have both Apple CarPlay and Android Auto? If not, then there is a newer firmware available for your radio. I don't know if you can download it the same way navigation models can however, since we have an SD card in the dashboard.

Yes I see both enabled at setting though I have not tried Carplay. Just wanted to make sure I have latest firmware version since I have a charging issue with my primary phone.

Tried all kinds of cables including star tech y cable, unitek bc 1.2 USB port and anger high quality cable. None of those worked.

But I found out that was my phone because extra backup phone charges slowly but ok. So I guess it is time to change my phone.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Yes I see both enabled at setting though I have not tried Carplay. Just wanted to make sure I have latest firmware version since I have a charging issue with my primary phone.

Tried all kinds of cables including star tech y cable, unitek bc 1.2 USB port and anger high quality cable. None of those worked.

But I found out that was my phone because extra backup phone charges slowly but ok. So I guess it is time to change my phone.
Yeah, unfortunately charging phones over the USB port are hit and miss. My iPhone will charge nicely when using CarPlay, and my LG V30 charges fairly quickly as well. But in the past I had a lot of slow charging issues.

Some problem devices included: LG V20, Galaxy S7 Edge, HTC 10

Also had no issues with Galaxy S8+ and Note8.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, unfortunately charging phones over the USB port are hit and miss. My iPhone will charge nicely when using CarPlay, and my LG V30 charges fairly quickly as well. But in the past I had a lot of slow charging issues.

Some problem devices included: LG V20, Galaxy S7 Edge, HTC 10

Also had no issues with Galaxy S8+ and Note8.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

I wish waze is available at Carplay.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25 Posts
so i have same problem bluelink locked and i want to get apple car update for sonata 2016 limited ultimate pack
I was also locked out; I bought my car used last week. I had to email hyundai with my bill of sale, Driver's License and one other form. Then Hyundai released it from the previous owner's account so I could add it to mine. Not seeing any new firmware updates through there though so I'm guessing (and hoping) I have the latest firmware.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all, I have Hyundai Accent 2014 without navigating. I have problem with my Bluetooth connection as it disconnects times and again while playing music from my iPhone XS iOS 13.5.1 . Also radio doesn’t Find all the frequency’s. Is there any possible to update firmware?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts