Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Lap 3 Uncle chip tunes for 93 octane for sale. I bought this and used it for a month then sold my vehicle. I paid $600 for it and I am only asking $300 and I will ship it. Please message me if interested!

·
Registered
977 Posts
I dealt with David (K5OS) years back and he’s cool. I had this Lap 3 chip before and it will definitely wake up your car, make sure you use colder plugs and OCC as it is recommended but not require. GLWS and I’m sure it will go quickly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
200 Posts
You can adjust these to 91 or 89 octane. My dad took his 2014 Gen Coupe to a dyno. Ran a pull or 2 stock, plugged in the Lap 3 and gained 40 hp, on the spot. My dad and dyno guy were surprised and impressed.

ominousone

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can adjust these to 91 or 89 octane. My dad took his 2014 Gen Coupe to a dyno. Ran a pull or 2 stock, plugged in the Lap 3 and gained 40 hp, on the spot. My dad and dyno guy were surprised and impressed.

ominousone
What about your warranty? I assume this modification would invalidate your new car warranty and power train warranty?

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,604 Posts
Yes it would in most cases void or cause problems with engine warranty. But these are "piggyback units" they plug in in between the ECU and injectors and fool the ECU so there are no changes to the ECU, if it is removed before going into the dealer it is undetectable. It is usually a 10-15 minute job to unplug these type tuners.

This type of tuner has been used for years in the MC world , especially in the later 2000 model and newer Harleys and if removed there is no way for the mechanic to know it was on the bike. But this type of tuner is also very limited in what parameters it changes , the actual remaping of a ECU or a replacement ECU will make more performance and will alter more parameters.

Lap 3 just release the ECU tune for the LF models and there are big increases, HP +40 and Tq +70 if i remember the post, it also changes the boost limiter in 1 and 2 gear and shift points. But this is very detectable by any scan by the dealer or mechanic and to change it means swapping out the ECU. So to buy an extra ECU and the tune it will be over $ 1000

1 - 9 of 9 Posts