Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me with the key code for my12/98 j2 lantra the dealers will not give out the info
my VIN - KMHKF21MPXU786168
thanks for any help you can give me

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Dont think anybody going to up and hand out a key code... how do we know you the rightful registered owner of the car ?? Key code wont do much good if you not have machine to enter code and cut..

You walk into our place, you need to be lawful owner, have copy of title and driver license that all info match before we cut key and hand it over the counter... bring car in for any service and job line on ticket request key,, no problem..

Visit dealer of choice, have documents, they will look up and cut new keys via code

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I dont have a problem with paying or producing any ID , the dealer told me that they could not get the codes unless the ignition is turned on but how do you do that without keys, they said that no-one has codes that they can just get from the computer via VIN #

·
Registered
626 Posts
A locksmith may be able to make up a mechanical key from the lock. Then you may be able to turn the ignition on as your dealer requires. Maybe you can get the immobilser bypassed through an auto-locksmith?

Otherwise you are probably looking at keys, locks, ecu, and immobiliser change. Unless you can get a set from a scrappy and do the work yourself, your car may have to be scrapped as new parts and the work would likely exceed the value of a 98 Lantra..

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
I don't know why the dealer would need the ignition on to replace a key but there are simple ways of switching the ignition on that don't require a key. Well, it always looks simple in the movies when they hot wire the ignition, bust the steering lock and bypass the immobilizer all within 10 seconds :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
A locksmith may be able to make up a mechanical key from the lock. Then you may be able to turn the ignition on as your dealer requires. Maybe you can get the immobilser bypassed through an auto-locksmith?

Otherwise you are probably looking at keys, locks, ecu, and immobiliser change. Unless you can get a set from a scrappy and do the work yourself, your car may have to be scrapped as new parts and the work would likely exceed the value of a 98 Lantra..
I also recommend locksmith for key making because their prices are much reasonable than dealer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Locksmith is an ideal solution for key making because there are much cheaper than dealers and provide instant solution for duplicate keys problem.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts