Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 1997 Hyundai lantra, when I brought it the clutch was only 2 years old & the first summer the clutch started slipping on hot days. took it to mechanic who replaced the clutch, all was good until the weather warmed up again this summer & now no different clutch still slipping on hot days after driving for 15-20 mins, but on cooler days no problems at all, any ideas ????????

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
A few more questions...
Did he replace the disk, or did he get a new kit with pressure plate? Did he resurface the flywheel? Did anybody bother to bleed the clutch hydraulics? What color is the fluid in the clutch sump? What kind of clutch user are you, i.e. do you downshift a lot, do you dump the clutch? Do you match rpm's?

·
Registered
626 Posts
A weak pressure plate.
As per previous post, was an entire clutch kit fitted with a new pressure plate or did he simply swap the clutch friction plate (usually false economy)?

·
Registered
3,151 Posts
*could* be an adjustment problem on the backstop for the clutch pedal. doesn't come up far enough to let enough pressure off the pressure plate for it to grab properly if its been messed with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts