Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the lane change function can be adjusted buy the dealer? 3 flashes is not enough to make a normal lane change.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You can shut the 3 times signal by going in the ''setting'' program then in the ''lamp'' setting. I don't know if they can add more tough.

Yves

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Good question...I too would be interested in getting this to 5 flashes if possible, but somehow, I doubt it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I heard on the Elantra, tap it twice and it will flash 6 times (3 flashes per tap). Might work. Tap it 3x, 9 flashes. Maybe.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
I heard on the Elantra, tap it twice and it will flash 6 times (3 flashes per tap). Might work. Tap it 3x, 9 flashes. Maybe.
This is wrong. If you tap it right after each other you only get 4 blinks. The only way to get more is you have to wait until after the 3rd blink and then tap it again. Even if you hold it down you only get 4. Also I doubt you can change it in the car end and if you cant then no the dealer wont change it cause they pretty much have to re-write the code on the ECU. I use mine all the time on my Sonata. Three blinks is enough to change a lane in my book and the only time I ever click it down is when I actually make a turn.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only reason I asked, is my friend has a volkswagon golf r and he complained about the same thing too. Took it to the dealer, and they were able to change it with the scan tool.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Just do like the other drivers out there and don't use the turn signal :p

Just kidding.

If I could I would also go to 5 blinks. Sometimes I use it and I know I'll need more so when the 3rd one goes I hit it again.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just do like the other drivers out there and don't use the turn signal :p

Just kidding.

If I could I would also go to 5 blinks. Sometimes I use it and I know I'll need more so when the 3rd one goes I hit it again.
Lol. Or just make your lane changes as quickly as you signals like everybody else...

·
Registered
237 Posts
LOL. I didn't even know this feature existed. If I am changing lanes and there are cars around, I just turn on my blinker. When I get in the lane, I turn my blinker off. I have as many blinks as I want or need.

·
22,793 Posts
At least you folks are using your blinkers. I know the proper use of turn signals is covered in the DMV manuals and part of the driver's licensing exam grading, written and road...

So, "Dude, just got my license, what to go cruising?" And the lesson begins to fade...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts