Hyundai Forums banner

1861 - 1880 of 1908 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
What pressures are you guys running, and does it hurt any if I run 1-2PSI below door pillar?

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
What pressures are you guys running, and does it hurt any if I run 1-2PSI below door pillar?
I have the KYBs (have for almost four years) and run 2-3 over door panel pressures, usually about 35.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I have the KYBs (have for almost four years) and run 2-3 over door panel pressures, usually about 35.
Yikes! At 33 factory my old Hankooks and my new Contis are already basketballs, in front and in back. I guess you don't live in Connecticut, lol. With the taxes we pay you'd think we'd be driving around on gold here.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
Yikes! At 33 factory my old Hankooks and my new Contis are already basketballs, in front and in back. I guess you don't live in Connecticut, lol. With the taxes we pay you'd think we'd be driving around on gold here.
Don't be so sure. :| I hit a massive one a couple weeks ago and am still watching out for a sidewall bubble to form. Our most recent snowstorm has done wonders for the pothole breeding program.

Photoshop is being stupid and won't let me resize something plus it's too early for me to do critical thinking so here's an article about the problem. I don't drive in Portland unless I absolutely have to. The roads in the suburbs do not have this problem, thankfully.

Portland area potholes plague drivers | KGW.com

·
22,788 Posts
This, is a heck of a purchase. Wish they would fit my 17. Not that there is anything wrong with my stock ones. I just happen to know what these guys are saying, first hand. Incredible upgrade and mod. Don't miss out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Do these struts go good with lowering springs to eliminate rear end bounce?

·
Retired Staff
11,818 Posts
KYB shocks discounted at Amazon

I run 34-35, feels best for me. Modern tires are designed to run anything from 25-50+ psi. Door sticker is a recommendation.

·
Registered
152 Posts
What is so great about these compared to stock? Does it lower your car at all? Does it give it more of a sport tuned feel? Is that price per and also how much does a shop charge to install these? Sorry for all the questions. Just need to know if this is a big deal or not

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
What is so great about these compared to stock? Does it lower your car at all? Does it give it more of a sport tuned feel? Is that price per and also how much does a shop charge to install these? Sorry for all the questions. Just need to know if this is a big deal or not

If you want to keep factory like shocks and ride quality but less bounce or hop you go with KYB. If you want to lower it you can use the struts + lowering springs or go coilovers.

As for installation they shouldn't charge you a lot. I can't say exactly how much since each shop are different and also varies by states, county, and city.

I paid $150 to get my coilovers installed at a reputable place that it comes with liftetime adjustment. So far I have already done 4 adjustments to my coilovers for free and the guy also checks for any leaks or damages to my coilovers.

·
Registered
152 Posts
If you want to keep factory like shocks and ride quality but less bounce or hop you go with KYB. If you want to lower it you can use the struts + lowering springs or go coilovers.

As for installation they shouldn't charge you a lot. I can't say exactly how much since each shop are different and also varies by states, county, and city.

I paid $150 to get my coilovers installed at a reputable place that it comes with liftetime adjustment. So far I have already done 4 adjustments to my coilovers for free and the guy also checks for any leaks or damages to my coilovers.
I own a '14 GLS coupe and it has 'sport tuned suspension' not sure if my shocks and struts differ from the other models? My steering and ride does feel like that sharp sportier style tho. Would this still be an upgrade?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I own a '14 GLS coupe and it has 'sport tuned suspension' not sure if my shocks and struts differ from the other models? My steering and ride does feel like that sharp sportier style tho. Would this still be an upgrade?

I wouldn't know I havent tested it out. I have a 2014 Coupe as well I went from the "sports tuned suspension" to coilovers after 15k miles lol. Although I think our springs were a bit stiffer than the regular Elantra and that was about it.

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
In the next 24 hours this topic will be merged with the existing KYB Master Thread.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Originally Posted by Woketman
The Amazon page says these do not fir my 2012 Elantra. What gives???? Does that mean they simply ran out of these that fit????
They'll fit.
Anyone have them on a 2016? I have them on my 2012, no problem. It's an easy install. My son recently got his 2016 SE and he has noticed the hop and he isn't usually in a hurry, thought I'd get these as a gift for him. I think with Amazon Prime if they don't fit it's an easy return anyway. Any 2016 installs?

·
22,788 Posts
@Woketman: I assure you, they fit the 2012. AND, the 2013. My expertise on fitment ends there.
Whew...:grouphug:...got it in before the big merge!

1861 - 1880 of 1908 Posts