Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently placed a $70 order with Korean Auto Imports for some OEM Genesis Winged Center Caps for my Genesis Coupe. When the package arrived, instead of the OEM caps, I received these stickers to stick onto my OEM caps:

I called them, and after getting the runaround, they agreed to let me return them for a refund. They received them back in their office in Arizona last Friday, and still have not refunded my money.

Watch this video...the man who made the video is a doctor, and he tells me that he still has not received a refund for the chrome part they sent him instead of a black one.

Sherwood Automotive, Korean Auto Imports - AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!! - YouTube

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Too bad they only have a P.O. Box on their website or I would go by the store... I live in Phoenix, Az and Avondale is only 10 min away... lol

·
Registered
740 Posts
I don't think they have a store. It's an online website that pretends they have a warehouse of products...but what they really do is take your money and place an order from Korea, receive the package and then ship it to you.

They do have a store and a warehouse and it's called Sherwood Automotive. They have many stores and KAI is one of them.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I purchased headlights and some other small parts from them awhile back for my 06' Sonata. I now also have a 13' Elantra and a REFUSE to go through them again. Im doing my best to purchase items within the US(as I live here). It just makes more sense IMO to do business with people who are on the same continent , when it comes to auto parts:mellow:

I would recommend NOT going through them..

·
Registered
807 Posts
I purchased headlights and some other small parts from them awhile back for my 06' Sonata. I now also have a 13' Elantra and a REFUSE to go through them again. Im doing my best to purchase items within the US(as I live here). It just makes more sense IMO to do business with people who are on the same continent , when it comes to auto parts:mellow:

I would recommend NOT going through them..
I purchased a rear bumper protector from them for my Tucson. It was in stock at their Arizona warehouse.
I received the part in good time and had no problems with them.
Not trying to endorse them, just relaying my experience with them

·
Registered
289 Posts
I purchased a rear bumper protector from them for my Tucson. It was in stock at their Arizona warehouse.
I received the part in good time and had no problems with them.
Not trying to endorse them, just relaying my experience with them
Few people have good experiences with them, so its good you did! Most will agree that any experience has been terrible through them

·
Registered
‘19 Santa Fe Ultimate 2.0T FWD (Machine Gray/Espresso Gray)
1,491 Posts
I've had two great purchase experiences with KAI. Bought lighted door sills and chrome side molding, both for my '12 Genesis. I would bet that the original poster here didn't bother to view the photo, or read the description, of the wheel cap logos he/she was buying.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yet Another Bad KAI Experience

Bad experience here with KAI also.

Ordered some parts for my 13 Gen Coupe. It was advertised as 1 set.

When I got it, it was just 1 piece, or, a half of a set. You see, it takes 2 of these items to complete the install.

After complaining to ebay, KAI agreed to refund my original purchase cost plus my cost for shipping the item back. After a time, they only refunded my original cost but not the shipping cost.

After several weeks of writing to them, they finally agreed to refund my shipping if I would give them positive feedback and 5 stars on ebay. I did so immediately. That was over a month ago.

Still no refund ofor my shipping cost and now they refuse to answer my emails.

Yes, I know, it was foolish for me to believe them. Live and learn.

There are some good reviews of this company but the majority are bad.

If you do business with KAI, it will be a crap shoot. Good luck, you will need it.

I still have all the correspondence to prove what I am saying is true. I always went through the ebay correspondence system for every email I sent and so did KAI.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Wish I would have seen this before ordering with them. The item I ordered was not the item I received. They wouldn't respond to texts, emails, or FB posts on the Sherwood page. I finally opened a PayPal dispute, and they immediately answered, saying that the item shipped was the item ordered. I proceeded to bombard them with images of the item on their webpage vs. the actual item. They took their sweet time replying to me and the end result was them saying to ship back the item and they would issue a refund. Unfortunately the time they took to reply to each message pushed PayPal beyond the time limit for escalation, and I had already shipped the item back - but again, no response from KAI. I had shipped WITH tracking luckily and when I attempted to contact PayPal, they said my best and only option at this point was to file a claim with my credit card company.

The day I called VISA was three days after the package had been signed for at the UPS Mailbox address (PO Box) and they said I had to give KAI at least 15 days to refund the money. So here I am at 15 days, no response from KAI, and now VISA says it will be an additional 60-90 days before they can charge back this purchase. :(

What a ******* hassle. Never again will I deal with KAI. Ever.

What I ordered and what I actually received are in the thumbnails for your viewing pleasure... note the curvature and fitment (or lackthereof) on my actual car compared to that of the advertisement.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got a price from them for lowering springs, but did not order them yet.
If anyone has another suggestion for someone else I would consider it.
Thank you.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts