Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone thinking of switching out there OEM Wheels to aftermarket ones ?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I've thought about that. What size are they? What is the cost and will they balance out properly? That is my beef with aftermarket wheels. I will say that they look better than the stock wheels. Nice!!!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks for the photos and comments. My questions would be; how much to powder coat and how much down time? Did they have to be stripped of clear coat by bead blasting first? What pre-prep was needed?:smile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the photos and comments. My questions would be; how much to powder coat and how much down time? Did they have to be stripped of clear coat by bead blasting first? What pre-prep was needed?
I called here in Las Vegas today and I got a quote for $55 a wheel for high gloss black powder coat ! 1day to 3 days down time and sand blasted

·
Registered
167 Posts
I understand we have a Kona Ultimate also and the Platinum warranty package which included wheel and tires. Just wondering.:smile:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I talked to another powder coating place here in Henderson Nevada and they said they would take my car in at 7: 30 in the morning and have my wheels done the same day in high gloss black ! They have tire mounting machine at there shop .... Otd $400.00

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Had my wheels from my SEL model Powder Coated High Gloss black today !

Before and after ...

·
Registered
167 Posts
RC the wheels look great along with the caps. They look just right with the colors of you Kona and best I've seen yet!!:grin2:

Cheers

·
Registered
2017 Sonata Sport 2.0T
1,449 Posts
Received my new high gloss black center caps to go with the wheels!

Those look great, amazing how much difference they can make.

I had the wheels on my previous MBZ powder coated Satin Black here in So cal for 50 a wheel but I had to dismount the tires and bring only wheels was $ 45 a wheel and the local service station dismounted and mounted and balanced then for $ 20 a wheel so so it was $ 260 to do it and took a day.

I drove the car 100,000 miles and they held up great.

Other option is Wheel paint and do them your self . Dupli Color makes specific wheel paint and it cools and works out well, we did it to my sons Mustang in a few hr at home. Its been close to a year and they are holding up great.

IMO dont do the plasti dip other than to see if you like the selected color then paint or powder coat. Plasti Dip does not hold up and in the long run you spend a lot of time touching it up or respraying

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi!
I am new to the Kona community! I’m in the market for some new tires and rims. Huge fan of your build! What size rims and tires do you have? Brand and models?
Thank you!
LJ

1 - 19 of 19 Posts