Hyundai Forums banner

Kona EV

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  mogelijk 
#1 ·
I am eager to check out the Kona EV when it hits some dealers. I wonder if any will make it up here to MN. Cold weather is tougher to deal with with an electric vehicle.

I have been reading some articles on it. They showed it at the NY auto show. Sounds like about 250 mile range. Also sounds like it has a few tricks to get a little more range during cold weather. One i remember reading was the ability to completely shut off the heat from everywhere in the car except right by the driver. Makes sense when driving by yourself.

Anyone else have any thoughts about the EV version?

#2 ·
From what I've read, it will initially only be sold in California. After several months, the other PZEV states (states that have similar emissions laws to California) will get the vehicle. I believe I also heard that after the first year (I believe the 2020 model) they'll start shipping it nationwide.

It may be possible to have your dealer special order the car, once it is officially released. Though I would make sure your dealer (or a dealer in your area) has a technician trained to work on the EV if you do order one, just in case the car develops some issue.

The Kona EV does sound good, from the bits I've seen. As for the "Driver Only" climate control feature, that is available on all of Hyundai's current hybrids and EVs, to help make them more efficient.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.