Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally have found a solution for Cross Bars to fit the factory roof side rails of the Kona.
2 brands neither cheap!

Both Thule and Yakima have cross bars that will fit .
Yakima has officially listed a fit for the Kona on there website .
A few different configurations to choose from Starting at $428 - $498.
Here is a link :www.etrailer.com/roof-2018_Hyundai_Kona.htm

Thule on the other hand has not posted a crossbar or foot pad fit kit for the Kona .

So after some measuring and searching I came up with my own Thule fit solution .

Thule AeroBlade Edge medium cross bar # 7602 for the front .
Thule AeroBlade Edge Small cross bar # 7601 for the rear.
Then I used the foot pad fit kit for 2018 Tucson # 4602.
The foot pad fit kit is not an exact match but after installation and tightened properly they will work just fine .

I choose this unofficial set up over the Yakima set because the cross bars are low profile and do not hang over the edge of the tower . They are flush with the side rails.

This set up cost me $466 with Memorial Day Sale .
Regular price was $ 578.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I finally have found a solution for Cross Bars to fit the factory roof side rails of the Kona.
2 brands neither cheap!

Thule on the other hand has not posted a crossbar or foot pad fit kit for the Kona .

So after some measuring and searching I came up with my own Thule fit solution .

The foot pad fit kit is not an exact match but after installation and tightened properly they will work just fine .

I choose this unofficial set up over the Yakima set because the cross bars are low profile and do not hang over the edge of the tower . They are flush with the side rails.

Regular price was $ 578.
Good info, thanks for sharing here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I found a company out of Korea that makes them for Hyundai and have them delivered here for $169.... Here's some pics when I install them this week ! The roof basket is coming tomorrow from Amazon

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Can you please provide where you got the cross bars in Korea? Also, I like the basket idea too. Do you attach without the cross bars?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Can you please provide where you got the cross bars in Korea? Also, I like the basket idea too. Do you attach without the cross bars?
Here is where I purchased the cross bars and Ive have them on for 3 weeks before I got my roof basket great quality easy to install on the Kona !

You need to have the crossbars to mount the roof basket on the roof !

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here is where I purchased the cross bars and Ive have them on for 3 weeks before I got my roof basket great quality easy to install on the Kona !

You need to have the crossbars to mount the roof basket on the roof !

Have you had any issues with this? Do they feel secure?

·
Registered
7 Posts
2 brands neither cheap!

Regular price was $ 578.

Have you run into any issues with the 4062 kit?

·
Registered
4 Posts
cmllr,
I actually reached out to Thule on Facebook and they told me that the 4062 kit isn't what we should use, they said Two of the 7602 and KIT4089.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cmllr,
I actually reached out to Thule on Facebook and they told me that the 4062 kit isn't what we should use, they said Two of the 7602 and KIT4089.
They didn't have it listed on the US site last I checked but they do now, awesome!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Yea I was gonna say it shows out of stock for me on their website but I ordered it from Amazon:

http://a.co/12XiGHq

I'm waiting for Labor day weekend to pickup the rest of the gear as hopefully a local store will have them on sale like when I bought my original gear 10 years ago.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi! My Kona didn’t come with roof rails. Anyone have suggestions on how I can get a rack up there with or without roof rails? Any brand suggestions?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi! My Kona didn’t come with roof rails. Anyone have suggestions on how I can get a rack up there with or without roof rails? Any brand suggestions?
If you have the “naked“ roof- no rails, nothing except the antenna, I have a 2019 SE and I went with the Yakima Baseline clips & tower system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts