Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!
I own a Kona Electric 2022 Preferred. It uses wireless CarPlay (it is not compatible with wired CarPlay).
I am having issues with CarPlay disconnecting very often.
Font Gadget Gas Plant Electronic device

(I have the latest version of iOS 14.8)
I have tried everything (trying to reconnect, rebooting phone, deleting phone from head unit config, forgetting Kona from the phone BT and CarPlay settings, restarting the pairing from zero, etc) and the issue comes back every few days...
Dealer says they have no known issues and that I have current software version at the moment.

Is anyone else having this issue?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have the same issue on my 2022 Kon 1.6 GDI AWD. This problem drives me crazy, newt week a will drive it to the dealer if they make something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I ended up on this page because I have the same problem. I was excited that the Kona had wireless carplay when we bought it a few weeks ago (2022 model). We have a 2021 Ford Escape that bluetooth was really inconsistent on, recently started using wired carplay on it, and it worked great. I thought wireless carplay would work just as well, but not even close. I had looked a week or two ago to see if I could just use wired carplay, but it looks like that isn't an option, either. Love the Kona otherwise, but carplay issues and the Confirm button not being clickable right away when you start the car drive me crazy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts