Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello: please help me : my hyundai accent 5 2005 continue knocking engine ... i send it to synchronize , change the installation of high belt , change spark plugs , reparticion belt change, and still knocking engine. the knock sensor is ok , the engine has not been , please what else can be cause of knocking ???

the knocking is at moment of pull away the car or when strong acelerating

thanks for your help

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (hyundaihls @ May 21 2010, 12:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324944
hello: please help me : my hyundai accent 5 2005 continue knocking engine ... i send it to synchronize , change the installation of high belt , change spark plugs , reparticion belt change, and still knocking engine. the knock sensor is ok , the engine has not been , please what else can be cause of knocking ???

the knocking is at moment of pull away the car or when strong acelerating

thanks for your help
Sometimes people mistake pinging for knocking. Pinging is the cause of pre-detonation such as you'd get from very low octane gasoline or "gasohol" (gasoline & alcohol mixture) and knocking is the cause of loose "things" in the engine such as poorly adjusted valves (valves that can't be adjusted may have bad lifters or bent push rods - low oil level or bad quality oil can also do this). If it only happens when the engine is under load (accelerating, going uphill, etc.), I'd suspect pinging first - knocking will be heard even at idle.

·
Registered
550 Posts
The engine may also be all carboned up and will need to be cleaned out. If you have alot of build up then the engine will ping once it is hot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
149 Posts
The first thing to check should be if you have a OEM oil Filter or a Oil Filter with internal valve...
With a cheap oil filter you will get a knocking sound at start up and at High Rev.

Good luck... let us know what you found.

Jonathan Lévesque

1 - 4 of 4 Posts