Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an i10 Active from motorpoint at the weekend, so far I'm impressed, but one thing worrying me is that when I do a 3 point turn I'm getting a clunk/knocking coming from the steering as I go into reverse and turn the wheel in the opposite direction. It sounds like a broken road spring but they look ok on a quick visual check.

Is this a common/known problem? The cars going back to motorpoint next week anyway to get some scratches fixed, so i'llget it checked out then, but just wondered if anyone else has had a similar issue.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Had a quick crawl around under the front but neither the larger rubber boots or the smaller ones looked damaged. Another drive around town tonight and it seems to only be when reversing after going hard left or right forwards. Turning sharp left after sharp right going forwards didn't have any issue, but hard left in reverse after hard right forward always klunks 2 or 3 times as I turn.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Top strut mount bearings. Had them changed on my I30 when they are going they sound very similar to a broken road spring. Hytech

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Turns out it was a driveshaft. Motorpoint quite rightly sent it to the local Hyundai dealer to get it fixed under warranty, not sure which side it was, but fingers crossed that when I get it back tomorrow that's all that's wrong with it for a good while...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts