Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey whats up this is my first post here and im looking for some help. I have an 05 Elantra that i bought new and it has been a great car. I havnt had any problems with it at all but its got 92k on it now and i have this knocking sound when i turn at low speeds at say a stop light or pulling out of someplace. Im not sure where to start to look but it goes away when you streighten the wheal up. i dont think its engine noise but i dont know what it is and any help would be greatly appriciated. Thankyou.

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
welcome to the forums :00000732:

is this noise like a rapid 'clicking'sound from just one side?.................its very likely to be the constant velocity joint worn (c.v. joint or drive shaft joint) which will need to be replaced, its not something urgent but the noise will get gradually worse

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yeah, agree with Montego.
You should also go under the car and take a look-see around the cv joints. Most likely they are torn and you'll find a nice spray of grease around the compartment as they spin.
In my experience, typically if one goes, the other is not far behind..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cool thx for the help guys, ill pull the wheal off this weekend and check it out. thx...BTW would something like this be covered under the powertrain warranty or is this one of those designed to wear out parts?

·
Premium Member
15,116 Posts
QUOTE (05HEGT @ Apr 23 2010, 01:29 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=315920
cool thx for the help guys, ill pull the wheal off this weekend and check it out. thx...BTW would something like this be covered under the powertrain warranty or is this one of those designed to wear out parts?

that rather depends on whether the rubber boot has that covers the joint is torn or damaged, if it is then they would say that the joint has worn out because of water and dirt getting into it.if the boot is undamaged then you might be lucky

1 - 5 of 5 Posts