Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2015 Genesis Coupe Ultimate, (55k miles). I have a knocking or pinging sound (like metal on metal) when accelerating. Oil level is fine, gas ping isn’t the issue. Hyundai replaced the fuel pump under warranty, but that wasn’t the problem either. When it’s not in gear, I can rev the engine and I don’t hear it, it’s only under a load.
I had a K&N intake and Ark Grip exhaust installed several months ago and shortly after is when I started hearing the noise. I’ve driven several thousand miles now, Hyundai says it’s fine, but I want it fixed. It’s loud and takes away from the sound I want.
Any ideas or help you can give me I would greatly appreciate.

·
Registered
882 Posts
If the sound go away after 5-10 min of driving, that's timing chain tensioner problem. Hydraulic tensioner is a common issue on almost every single car. When the oil gets bad they wear faster

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesn’t go away after a few minutes, but doesn’t make the sound all the time, just about 90% of the time. I’ve had the oil changed regularly and never been late. Thank you for the response, I will mention this to Hyundai when I have them try to fix it again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts