Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm at slow speeds or starting to take off I feel like there's something knocking under my SF. The shaft has been inspected and seems to be fine. My question is, if the Transfer Case or Rear Axle fluid level is low (which I haven't check yet) could that cause that type of sound under the car?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
QUOTE (JD Polo @ Nov 2 2010, 11:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=368353
When I'm at slow speeds or starting to take off I feel like there's something knocking under my SF. The shaft has been inspected and seems to be fine. My question is, if the Transfer Case or Rear Axle fluid level is low (which I haven't check yet) could that cause that type of sound under the car?

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'm almost sure this isn't your problem, but when I first bought my 2003 in Nov. 2003, I took a ride to Florida and kept hearing a racket from the passenger side. I asked my wife to drive and tried to find where the noise was coming from. After several miles, I found out that my side step board on the passenger side was only put on with two screws(instead of seven) and was flopping up and down. The second sound that bothered me was a sound that seemed to come from everywhere. After a long and tedious look, I found that the plate in the back of the rear view mirror was vibrating and making a noise that sounded like it came from everywhere. I guess the moral of the story is that funny sounding noises can be very hard to track down.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts