Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Ladies & Gentlemen!

We’re off to the horses. The kickstarter project has finally launched.

Please see this link for the details: Kickstarter Project Link

I apologize for the delay, but it has been a busy couple of months trying to get this up between all the things life typically throws at us. I would love it if you could spread the word as well to anybody you know who has the elantra, or a variant of it, that doesn't use the forums! Or even people who just want to support the project because they like it!

I would appreciate any help along the way. As I’ve mentioned before, I can’t post anything about the Sick Kids foundation and any donations on the kickstarter project page, but I do plan on continuing this endeavour as a not for profit deal. Any and all of the proceeds above and beyond the goal will definitely be going towards a lump sum donation to Sick Kids, so if you decide to tell someone about the project, at least they know if they donate $1 to the project, it’s not going to waste.

I appreciate all of your support through this and thank you in advance.
We’ll find out soon enough how this goes!

- BoyDrone

·
Banned
532 Posts
:clap: ..... :clap:

:trophy: Here's to a successful venture :trophy:​

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!
ivantra. You can always support the cause! :D

·
Registered
740 Posts
Good luck, man! Looks like a promising start. However, I don't think it will fit nicely for manual drivers. 3rd and 5th gear would be in the way.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good luck, man! Looks like a promising start. However, I don't think it will fit nicely for manual drivers. 3rd and 5th gear would be in the way.
although I do agree. Its designed to so you can slide it around. But I do think it may be in the way.

A number of people expressed interest in the phone holder. and the only way I could get them produced for everyone is this. Lets hope it flies.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The mount looks great. Been using a ProClip mount on the driver's side A-pillar for quiet sometime now.

While the mount itself is great I've always wanted an alternative. Something located exactly where your mount is.

I have a question on phone compatibility. I see you mention the S4 and iPhones. Meaning it should support a phone width between about 59mm to 70mm.

I'm using a Note 2 (81mm) and planning to move to a Note 3 (79mm) or the HTC One Max (83mm).

Any chance your mount will be adjustable (in the future) or flexible enough now to support phones that large?

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The mount looks great. Been using a ProClip mount on the driver's side A-pillar for quiet sometime now.

While the mount itself is great I've always wanted an alternative. Something located exactly where your mount is.

I have a question on phone compatibility. I see you mention the S4 and iPhones. Meaning it should support a phone width between about 59mm to 70mm.

I'm using a Note 2 (81mm) and planning to move to a Note 3 (79mm) or the HTC One Max (83mm).

Any chance your mount will be adjustable (in the future) or flexible enough now to support phones that large?
Hi Jelthi!
thanks for your interest. Unfortunately the phone holder isnt adjustable. Since they are 3D printed, they are made to fit. So the Phone holder will fit the specific phone its designed for. I'm pretty sure there would be enough room to have the phone held in that position for the Note. I have a friend who has that phone, so if you opt to purchase it, i can send you a verification photo before i ship it. basically an image of your phone on the holder in my car.

The adjustability adds complexity and additional components. the beauty of this is that its only two parts and they fit together elegantly that there is room for adjustment in the position the user would want it to be in.

Hope this helps clarify your inquiry.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Hmm, I'm not even seeing where it shows supported phones, in any event I have an S3 and like the other poster stated, a manual transmission (shifting interference issues).
Not sure if it was addressed before but I prefer to keep that little cubbyhole cover closed, just looks better.
Now, if someone came up with a cheap HUD projection system for a smartphone then that would be something of interest!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hmm, that's odd. The second last one should be an open donation for any phone. Since they are designed to suit, I will be designing and manufacturing these to suit any phone.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hmm, I'm not even seeing where it shows supported phones, in any event I have an S3 and like the other poster stated, a manual transmission (shifting interference issues).
Not sure if it was addressed before but I prefer to keep that little cubbyhole cover closed, just looks better.
Now, if someone came up with a cheap HUD projection system for a smartphone then that would be something of interest!
Thats strange. I checked it out today, and the reward choice wasnt there. Regardless, I went in, and made some tweeks so its clearer. Now there is only one reward rather than two and it states:

"Special Thank you stuff & Project tracking!! Anything over $25 gets you a phone holder! For your car. a custom, 3D printed phone holder! Welcome to the future my friend. It’s nice here, stay awhile. This will be printed in black, and will support your specified phone, designed to fit."

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Really? no biters yet?

·
Banned
532 Posts
Bump---Lets go folks, I can't be the only one so far.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Although your idea is pretty cool, but I usually leave that lid close and just use that space next to the cup holder as my phone holder.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It is a nice looking holder, but I use several different cases on my iPhone. So unless it's adjustable, it won't work for me either. Plus I keep an iPod, a cable & change in the cubby, so it looks better closed lol. Good luck

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks guys! I understand everyone uses their cars and phones differently. That's for the compliment though!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Banned
532 Posts
I think it will work on the "09 Sonata we have, our Sonata appears to have the same type cubby hole and flip up door shown on the Kickstarter link but with 2 differences.

The Sonata's transmission platform is flat, the Elantra looks curved upward so fitment shouldn't be an issue. Then inside the cubby hole, the Sonata's got a 12V outlet, but no USB so there should be enough room

I'm still ordering one, I like the entrepreneur's spirit, dedication, time and guts they have to handle issues.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Bump---Lets go folks, I can't be the only one so far.
I think it will work on the "09 Sonata we have, our Sonata appears to have the same type cubby hole and flip up door shown on the Kickstarter link but with 2 differences.

The Sonata's transmission platform is flat, the Elantra looks curved upward so fitment shouldn't be an issue. Then inside the cubby hole, the Sonata's got a 12V outlet, but no USB so there should be enough room

I'm still ordering one, I like the entrepreneur's spirit, dedication, time and guts they have to handle issues.
Thanks for your support jd!!! It's definitely a start. and just to note. I did receive your PM and plan on responding today. I had a crazy week last week. Life takes some adjusting to when drastic changes happen.

as for the Sonata. I do see a lot of these around these days. I'm going to ask around to see if there is one around here I can test fit it onto. Looking at brief images on google, it seems you're right, but if the dimensions are off internally, it may not work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts