Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any type of sticker guard i can use to protect my door from getting scratched up from kicking it half the time i get out?
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Light Road surface Asphalt

·
Registered
2021 Elantra N Line | 6MT | Phantom Black
149 Posts
I use Meguiar’s and it does a nice job providing a protective coat on the door panels and other plastic interior pieces - no scuff marks from shoes on the doors. Please note... do not use it on rubber floor mats.... LOL!

·
Registered
24 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Optima LX 2.4
233 Posts
Especially on these small cars you have to pay attention to not kick the door. And if you're wearing boots just forget about it.
If I ever buy a new car I don't want the dealer to strip the protective plastic, must have it fresh off the transport truck.

·
Registered
2022 Elantra N
232 Posts
Especially on these small cars you have to pay attention to not kick the door. And if you're wearing boots just forget about it.
If I ever buy a new car I don't want the dealer to strip the protective plastic, must have it fresh off the transport truck.
When I first got to see my car it still had ALL the plastic on it still and I really wish that I would have just told them to not remove any of it while I was signing the papers. At least they left it on the shiny black plastic around the HVAC controls, the little screen for that, all of the buttons and the passenger door. I'm always the driver for my group of friends and it's like a constant running joke about how strict I am with everyone in it. Everyone likes to show me how they aren't crushing the bolsters as they get out bc they know I'm watching. Gonna add door kicks next 😂 👀

·
Registered
2022 Elantra Limited Hybrid
83 Posts
Be a bit careful about leaving that protective plastic on too long. Over time, it can dry out, yellow, and turn opaque and permanently get stuck.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts