Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looked at the Motor Trend article about the upcoming Optima and then went on line and read about the car from the Kia site. Looks like many of the features we Sonata owners have been talking about will be incorporated into the Optima. Heated and Cooled seats, power passenger seat, heated steering wheel, and other nice features. I thought Kia was lower on the totem pole than Hyundai, either that or there will be some changes in 2012!

·
Registered
603 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Nov 12 2010, 10:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371120
Just looked at the Motor Trend article about the upcoming Optima and then went on line and read about the car from the Kia site. Looks like many of the features we Sonata owners have been talking about will be incorporated into the Optima. Heated and Cooled seats, power passenger seat, heated steering wheel, and other nice features. I thought Kia was lower on the totem pole than Hyundai, either that or there will be some changes in 2012!
I have a feeling that Kia is being positioned as more the "sporty or youthful" brand. Similar to how GM used to market Pontiac as the "Excitement division". The Sonata will always sell better than the Optima, but it will have a few features to differentiate it from the more popular model.

Personally, I love how you can get HIDs and LED tailights from the factory on the Optima. It also offers the Microsoft UVO system (similar to Ford's Sync).

·
Registered
365 Posts
The snout on that thing is just fugly. Plus the interior in the Sonata looks better that the Kia. The rear C-pillar area of the Optima is oddly shaped and looks cluttered. I love the design of the Sonata, so much sleeker and sexier.

·
Registered
603 Posts
For me, I actually like the look of the exterior of the Optima. I prefer to the headlights of the Optima to the Sonata, but I absolutely hate the interior of the Optima. That would be a deal breaker for me. I can deal with an exterior I am not in love with, but I have to like the inside considering thats what Ill see 95% of the time!

·
Registered
330 Posts
QUOTE (Bingo Steve @ Nov 12 2010, 10:07 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371120
you forgot about the biggest feature (imo) panoramic sunroof </3

really irks me how hyundai is giving more features to kia to up their reputation.

In addition, i think the optima's exterior looks fine and i WOULD buy it, but the interior is the deal breaker to me... the sonata's interior looks better and is more functional x10000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts