Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i noticed from day one that my exhaust was loud. this past weekend i checked and applied some exhaust hole filler. it didnt fix it. so i looked again, i have a pretty large hole in the down pipe where the two hagers are welded on. ive emailed kfx to find out if they can do anything and they have yet to respond. i think its fair to say that since its been installed for less then 1500km they should maybe send me a new one. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Where is the hole exactly? And I have a down-pipe with pre-drilled holes if you're keeping the studs on the CAT. Take a picture of this hole.

·
Registered
384 Posts
KFX should replace it, but you're probably SOL. It shouldn't be too hard to repair or too expensive to have an exhaust shop repair. That is another for me to hold out for a better header. When I emailed KFX asking for dimensions and a specific alloy my emails went unanswered. Lame.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
KFX did not made the headers, Megan racing did. The only thing KFX did was to make this happen. I'm sure if you email Megan racing you will get ur answers.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I understand that Megan manufactures the headers. But, the fact that KFX didn't know and didn't care enough to talk to someone at Megan coupled with the fact that nobody bothered to even email me back to say, "You should talk to someone over at Megan Racing." totally turned me off. I was never very impressed with the design of the header and KFX's (complete lack of) customer service sealed the deal for me.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
QUOTE (dafunk @ May 12 2010, 11:41 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=322391
I understand that Megan manufactures the headers. But, the fact that KFX didn't know and didn't care enough to talk to someone at Megan coupled with the fact that nobody bothered to even email me back to say, "You should talk to someone over at Megan Racing." totally turned me off. I was never very impressed with the design of the header and KFX's (complete lack of) customer service sealed the deal for me.
KFX is very well know for having problems with their customer service. Not because they dont care but only because they are so busy developing new parts and Bill leaving his own live(job and kids). Unfortunally people dont recognize all the job that he had to go thru developing this headers.

Either way, So far i havent got any problems with my headers. I dont think because of one header have some problems(either manufacture or owner) every header will fall in the same sack.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
its on the right hand hanger. the up and down motion of the exhaust tore the weld and thats where it was. ive filled it now with a type of high heat cold weld

1 - 9 of 9 Posts