Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im really really needing coilovers because im trying to go AS LOW as i can. Im on clamped springs right now,went the cheap way since KFX is charging hella money for the coilover kit. Im thinking about going h&r springs and just clamping those as much as i can to have a temporary low. Has anybody even bought coilovers and installed them on a MC yet? I've always wondered how did they feel and how low did they allow you to go?

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
There are numerous spring manufacturers that could provide you with custom one-off springs. It'll cost you more that a set of lowering springs but less than the KFX coilovers.

http://www.coilsprings.co.uk/ does this kind of work. Custom drop with custom stiffness. You'll be going through shocks in no time though. You have to call them.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
i have the SMA Coilovers, its a Korean manufacture. Those Coilovers are really good for lowering your car, currently im usingt them for Autocross and they are working just fine. I still have some dive in in the front, but if you are not going to use it for AutoX, then you dont need to wrry about it.

I know right, that KFX have some coilovers in stock, not the sma but other manufacture that he is looking a person to test fit it. If you have the money, you should contact him.

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
well actually is not for test fitting, the problem with this one is that the top part of the struts, where the bolts goes its a different size than our cars. this Coilovers will fit the Kia Pride, which is from overseas. Unfortunally for you i just decided to take this baby home and test it, swapping the top part of the strut and came up with a possible solution to it. The good news is, once i get a solution for this you guys will be able to buy this coilovers cheaper than the SMA coilovers.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
QUOTE (Willieh @ May 8 2010, 09:17 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=321073
Actually, it appears the issue is with the cap that fits on top of the new coilovers, It appears, 2 bolts are off by 2 mm each. Could be as simple as drilling out the holes on top

Bill
if you want to send me a set ill test fit them and document the install with pictures and step by step directions......... :whistling:
and i aint scared to use power tools! :grin: (had to "rework" the mounting hole in my wagon and the pulsar to get the GTI-R Tein Coilovers to fit)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts