Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just came back from a 3 day trip and went to get into my car with my regular FOB and it won't work. I tried to open the door using the actual key in the front driver side door (the only door with a key hole) and it would turn but not unlock.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I've had the battery die on me before and I was able to get into the car to boost it, so I don't think its the battery.

Just find it strange that the FOB AND actual key won't open the door (even though the key turns).

Thanks to anyone that can help me figure this one out :)

Cheers!

·
Registered
17,554 Posts
Spray the key cylinder with PB Blaster or Liquid Wrench, and fiddle with key to break the cylinder loose to rotate it.. not uncommon for them to get stuck because owner never use key to rotate cylinder to keep it from getting.. everybody use convenience items (RKE) rather than the old fashion way of using manual key.

After the cylinder turn, turn it a whole lot of times, insert and remove the key a bunch of times to make sure the yumblers is free again, then flood the cylinder with some synthetic oil

·
Registered
479 Posts
How about a little more info.......do you hear the solenoids activate with one push or two pushes of the FOB? Do you see the indicator flash on the FOB when you push the button? Does the other door locks activate when you rotate the key in the drivers door and hold it in the open position?

·
Registered
1 Posts
We’re experiencing this same issue at the moment. What ended up being the problem with yours? Thanks so much!

I just came back from a 3 day trip and went to get into my car with my regular FOB and it won't work. I tried to open the door using the actual key in the front driver side door (the only door with a key hole) and it would turn but not unlock.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I've had the battery die on me before and I was able to get into the car to boost it, so I don't think its the battery.

Just find it strange that the FOB AND actual key won't open the door (even though the key turns).

Thanks to anyone that can help me figure this one out :)

Cheers!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts