Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2007 Sonata, lost remote.

You can buy them online for a decent price, but says msut be programmed by a professional. I came here for my door handle replacement and you guys set me straight, so maybe for this too!

Has anyone done this? I tried the search function but couldn't find anything for the 2007 model specifically. I wouldn't mind having one of those fancier remotes with the little screens i see people with, if they have extra cool features, but the stock remote is just fine too, thanks!

·
Registered
442 Posts
Have to go to dealer..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Do that task periodically...

Requires use of GDS to enter the CODE SAVING mode, then proceed with learning the remotes to the module.

All remote for vehicle need to be present at time of programming, as when you start the process, memory is wiped clean, and up to 2 remote can be programmed..

You cannot program 1 today, then come back later for 2nd, as it will wiped the slate clean when you enter program mode

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
How much will the dealer charge generally if you have the remote?
Program remote is typically 1/2hr shop rate at our place ($46) and maybe tax too, add price of remote if we supply remote to the service ticket.

Really good frequent customers,, the aisle fella will come swipe GDS and VCI and do it for no charge in the aisle..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts