Hyundai Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2011 Sonata and having a problem with keyless entry. About 50% of the time I hit unlock on the fob and it beeps but will not unlock the doors. Then I use the actual key from the fob to enter. Once inside the lock/unlock button on the door does not work and have to manually lock/unlock doors. I then get to my destination, come back out to the car and the keyless unlock will work.

Any reason this is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would start by checking your setting. The opening button can be set to just unlock drivers door then on second push open the others OR set to unlock all doors at the same time on the first push.
You say it beeps. Dose it beep once or twice on unlock? Also make sure the other fob is not in the car. The reaction of the system can steer you to the possible problem and the dealer can read thru codes what was going on with switch's and controls when the most recent buttons were pushed for the alarm system.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 10 2010, 08:33 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=340648
I would start by checking your setting. The opening button can be set to just unlock drivers door then on second push open the others OR set to unlock all doors at the same time on the first push.
You say it beeps. Dose it beep once or twice on unlock? Also make sure the other fob is not in the car. The reaction of the system can steer you to the possible problem and the dealer can read thru codes what was going on with switch's and controls when the most recent buttons were pushed for the alarm system.
Thanks snapper - the beep I get is one time, when i hit unlock on the keyless remote. I get 1 beep, and the interior light flashes but the door does not unlock. I went in as you suggested and changed some of the lock/unlock settings and the last 2 consecutive times it seems to be working. I'll post again when I try in the morning just to be sure. Thanks again, this was driving me crazy. Hope this fix sticks.

·
Registered
486 Posts
>>>>the beep I get is one time, when i hit unlock on the keyless remote. I get 1 beep, and the interior light flashes but the door does not unlock. >>> .....This sounds like the cars is locking , not unlocking.( which means it never locked in the first place?)

Am I missing something ? Your factory alarm with all the doors closed and switch's for trunk & hood in closed position should beep and flash once to lock your car and set alarm system. If it just beeps with no lamp flash, the system is telling you of a possible problem.
Then the car should beep & flash twice for unlock in basic default settings. Anything Else there is something incorrect.( not necessarily broken).

Go over your owners manual again and play with it a while, Then report and the forum will give it try to help figure out your concern.

Be aware there is a campaign for the hood alarm switch pad. This concern is for intermittent alarm activation but also could keep it from setting if it thinks the hood is not closed.

**** Some thing I learned the hard way was that the key fob working distance is like 100-150 ft and will work though walls of my house. I was actually unlocking the car or trunk from inside the house, others have mention that the buttons can be touchy and might work while in ones pocket under the right conditions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks snapper - ok, well I went in and played with the lock/unlock settings -- changed so all doors open with 1 click of the unlock, as well as auto lock all doors at 9mph and above. I thought things were working good. Then the next morning had a problem with trunk open from the remote. Hit the button, nothing happened. So I went and started using the 2nd keyless remote given to me when I purchased the car and haven't had a problem since. I am thinking the remote I was using had an issue or was faulty -- I know the batteries are supposed to last for 10 years...

Long story short - the dealer is getting me a new 2nd remote to replace the one that wasn't working correctly. I'm hoping the one I am using continues to work properly. I will post if anything changes.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok - back to the drawing board. Was at work today and hit unlock on keyless remote and just heard 1 beep and the car did not unlock. I think I have to take it in as this is the 2nd remote that is not responding 100% of the time.

·
Registered
486 Posts
.. Did the lights flash once also ?? Or just give out a short beep, or a long beep with no lights?

Some things funny odd, one beep and flash is lock & set alarm. Double beep & two flashes to unlock & turn off alarm.

While playing around with my car this weekend the only way I could get the car not to unlock by the door switchs was to have the car alarm set while you are in the car. This is why they tell you not to use your fob to lock the doors after you climb in.

Anyway the dealer can run the last alarm trips and settings , check for system faults and repair it for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ Jul 13 2010, 05:03 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=341456
.. Did the lights flash once also ?? Or just give out a short beep, or a long beep with no lights?

Some things funny odd, one beep and flash is lock & set alarm. Double beep & two flashes to unlock & turn off alarm.

While playing around with my car this weekend the only way I could get the car not to unlock by the door switchs was to have the car alarm set while you are in the car. This is why they tell you not to use your fob to lock the doors after you climb in.

Anyway the dealer can run the last alarm trips and settings , check for system faults and repair it for you.
OK - When I took the 2011 Sonata back to the dealership after about a week of ownership, I was having the same remote lock/unlock/trunk pop issues with non-responsiveness as well as the seatbelt chime was going off nonstop while the belt was buckled. After almost 2 full days at the dealership my Sonata is repaired and in fine working condition. The problem ended up being a falty Power Module that lies behind the interior fuse box. They had to order the part for repair and install it. I have had the car for approx 24 hours now with no issues.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I would look at the more positive side, that it was an easy confirmed fix that did not take very long. I will take plug and play repair any day vs a poor attempt repair that realy screws up a car. Great to hear its repaired.

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (LowBoost @ Jul 21 2010, 09:45 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343534
Anyone knows how can I set to unlock all doors at the same time on the first push? I have read the Owner's manual, but I have not find how?
pretty sure that involves dealer programming

·
Registered
817 Posts
Here is the applicable portion of the User's Manual (p 4-54)
Two-press unlock

Driver Door 1st Press - The driver's
door will unlock when pressing the
unlock button on the transmitter or smart
key, pressing the button of the driver's
outside door handle with the smart key,
or inserting the key into the key hole of
the driver's outside door and turning the
key toward the rear of the vehicle. All
doors will unlock when pressing the
unlock button on the transmitter or smart
key, pressing the button of the driver's
outside door handle with the smart key,
or inserting the key into the key hole of
the driver's outside door and turning the
key toward the rear of the vehicle within
4 seconds.

All Doors 1st Press - All doors will
unlock when pressing the unlock button
on the transmitter or smart key, pressing
the button of the driver's outside door
handle with the smart key, or inserting
the key into the key hole of the driver's
outside door and turning the key toward
the rear of the vehicle.
C'mon guys - RTFM!

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jul 21 2010, 02:10 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343618
Here is the applicable portion of the User's Manual (p 4-54)

C'mon guys - RTFM!
take your own advice, buddy...what you just posted describes the unlock process, but it NEGATES to tell you how to program it to do those functions.....

·
Registered
817 Posts
QUOTE (NT2SHBBY @ Jul 21 2010, 02:34 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343623
take your own advice, buddy...what you just posted describes the unlock process, but it NEGATES to tell you how to program it to do those functions.....
Try this:

"Open the manual, go to the section that describes the "Vehicle Settings" (begins on page 4-53 of my pdf download of the manual), and READ (or have someone read it to you)"

What I quoted explains which setting (Driver's door 1st press or All Door's 1st press) does what.

Then, come back to the Forum and apologize.

I'll wait here, "buddy".

·
Banned
630 Posts
QUOTE (JohnWho @ Jul 21 2010, 02:44 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=343626
Try this:

"Open the manual, go to the section that describes the "Vehicle Settings" (begins on page 4-53 of my pdf download of the manual), and READ (or have someone read it to you)"

What I quoted explains which setting (Driver's door 1st press or All Door's 1st press) does what.

Then, come back to the Forum and apologize.

I'll wait here, "buddy".
unlike most of you, I actually own 5 additional cars besides my Sonata (aka the Korean Lexus)...and because my Korean Lexus is just too **** sexy and luxury to drive to work because after all it is a Korean Lexus, I don't have it at work at my disposal. But when I get home, I'll grab my owner's manual and after I confirm/deny your information I'll either apologize to you or give you the worst internet e-beatdown you'll ever see :liebe011:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.