Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We purchased our 2009 Accent 4 door used about 3 years ago and it came with only one keyless remote. Last week we began having problems with the keyless remote sometimes not locking the driver's door. It usually locks the other 3 doors on the first press of the button, but it usually takes 2 or more presses to get it to lock the driver's door. It always UNlocks the driver's door on the first press. I replaced the battery in the keyless remote fob, and opened and closed the hood and trunk with no effect. We still have the original battery in the car.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
17,553 Posts
We purchased our 2009 Accent 4 door used about 3 years ago and it came with only one keyless remote.
Ok, module has space for 2 RKE, both have to entered during that sitting..

Last week we began having problems with the keyless remote, sometimes not locking the driver's door.
Ok,,, did we try the door button with same result ?

It usually locks the other 3 doors on the first press of the button, but it usually takes 2 or more presses to get it to lock the driver's door.
Sounds like we have a door latch-actuator fault...

It always UNlocks the driver's door on the first press.
See above,, sound like actuator fault

I replaced the battery in the keyless remote fob,
About 2-3yr most life expectancy for RKE battery, the more you use it, the shorter the battery life.. you do use key in the door cylinder once in a while to keep it from seizing up,,, right ?? Dont forget trunk/gate cylinder if equipped...

We still have the original battery in the car.
6-7yr old OE battery, running on borrowed time now.. step up and be ready for upcoming cold and save yourself from unexpected dead battery at most inconvienient time-place

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Latch-actuator assembly sounds to be at fault..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks SBR711!
I'll try replacing the door latch actuator.
I forgot to mention that everything works fine when we use the key in the door to lock or unlock. The button to lock all doors also locks everything except the driver's door.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks SBR711!
I'll try replacing the door latch actuator.
I forgot to mention that everything works fine when we use the key in the door to lock or unlock. The button to lock all doors also locks everything except the driver's door.
Hi Olias! Have you had any luck with fixing the door lock?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts