Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has been going on awhile and it seems to fix itself sometimes, but anyways here is the problem:

My keyless entry doesn't work, batteries are good and sometimes it works. I did notice when it works that when I open the door I don't hear a chime, but when it doesn't work I hear a chime when I open the door. Also when the door is open I can't lock the doors, I have to close the door and either lock it with a key from the outside or lock it from the inside.

I did notice when I clean out my car one day that it work after words after accidently hitting some wires under the driver side seat. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
do you have any sort of aftermarket alarm or remote start? You should still be under warranty, give your local dealer service dept. a call and have them look at it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have an aftermarket alarm, I bought it used so I don't know if the warranty is still good or not

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have an 03 Tiburon GTV6 and I am having the same problem with my keyless entry remote. Battery is good (but replaced) The LED on the remote flashes when I hit the buttons, but the car does not respond. I read in another post that you need to hold the lock and unlock buttons down at the same time for 10 seconds to sync it with the car, but that didn't work either.

This is a stupid question, but when you try to lock the door manually, the keys aren't in the ignition are they? That's a fail safe to keep you from locking your keys in the car.

-Crick3t

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check to see if the door lock actuator (not sure of the spelling) is working properly. I had a similar problem with my door locks when i had my alarm installed.

·
Registered
624 Posts
If it's stock I'd go see a dealer. 2nd owners get 5 yrs 60k miles on the warranty, so unless you have more miles than that (which I doubt) then I'd take it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well now I’m having the same issue with my eye x35, occasionally I could open it with the smart key and now I have to use the manual key every single time and put the key in the console every single time – extremely annoying when I use this car for work and I’m in and out all day – has anyone found a solution apart from changing batteries, the fuses? – Is there a reset? Has anyone done module changes?

·
Registered
2007 Honda CRV
4,583 Posts
Wild guess, ....
Your car's receiving module/controller is not working properly??
Could be due to corrosion or just a little resistance build up on the connectors
from the antenna to the receiving module/controller??
Remember wild guess, no knowledge of how the system works

1 - 10 of 10 Posts