Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the 2013 premium edition with factory installed auto start/keyless entry. I was able to have the dealer re-configure the auto start so that it will actually run for 15 mins before it shuts off. New problem - once the doors have been opened and the key is not in the ignition - the doors automatically lock after 1 minute. Can be a huge problem if you accidentally leave the keys in (or they fall out of your purse). This did not happen prior to accidentally hitting a few wrong buttons and putting it in valet mode. The dealership says that this is a factory installed safety feature in the 2013 Tucson - but not on any of the other models. Anyone else run into this issue? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've only owned a 2010 and 2012 Tucson. I can understand how wary you must be about locking keys into the car. I've seen it done plenty of times by these types of remote configurations. I personally am against autostart feature available via remote but I also understand how nice it is when it's very cold outside. I typically sit in my car until the engine temp kicks up one or two bars on the HUD.

If you feel comfortable enough to attach a hidden key, I've used zip ties and a backup nylon tether to attach my 2nd key remote to the underside of my car. My $0.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts