Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, i recently bought an i20 2014, without key fob system.
I order from ebay the keyless entry system.
My problem is to figure out which wire lock and unlock the door actuator.
I opend the door panel and noticed there are 4 wires to the actuator, blue/black, black, grey and brown.
I looked for a diagram online without any success.
Please help

Attachments

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,313 Posts
Since your car doesn't have factory remote locking you will probably need to fit an additional actuator inside the drivers door, which will also require additional wiring to power it. Figure D on your wiring instructions is the section dealing with this type of installation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys,

I recently purchased elite i20 megna executive and i want to install new key less entry device so can any body tell actual pricing of auto cop remote key device system from authorised Hyundai dealership.

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
can any body tell actual pricing of auto cop remote key device system from authorised Hyundai dealership.
You'd need to ask the authorized Hyundai dealership from where you intend to buy the device about pricing. How could we possibly know?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I took a picture of the inside of the door, can i connect the 2 wires from the keyless system that control on open/close to this unit?
Because i didnt find any place to put an extra actuator without interfere the cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
Why there is 4 wires to the switch if none of them control on the open/close?
Two of the wires go to the door actuators (in all the passenger doors).
One wire is a 12V power supply and the other wire is a ground/earth.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now i confuse, i thought you said that i don't have an actuator, so how the two of the wires go there?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok tnx, now i got it.
I have another question, what control the all 4 lock?
When my speed is over 25 kmh all doors locks. So it must be something that give this command thru wires.

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
When my speed is over 25 kmh all doors locks. So it must be something that give this command thru wires.
Ah, that changes things then.

If your driver's door locks when you go over 25km/h there must be an actuator already installed in the door after all, so I take back everything I said in my earlier posts and I apologize for the confusion.

Is there a button somewhere on the dashboard that you can press to lock/unlock all the doors too? If so, that would probably be the easiest place to connect your remote locking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, that makes me very happy now,
I wish i had that button but i don't.
Just if i press the mechanic button, (above the handle) this locks the doors.
I don't want to short the wires without knowing first what each one does.

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
No, the fuse doesn't really do anything.

Do you still have the door trim off so you can access the actuator connector you posted the photo of earlier?
If so do a couple of quick checks at that connector to try and figure out how the locking works.

Notice that the blue & brown wires on the connector are a little thicker than the other two. The thicker wires are the ones that supply power to the electric motor inside the actuator. The other two thinner wires are the locking control wires. Black wires on Hyundai cars are almost always grounds, so I'm guessing the green wire is the signal wire that leads to the Body Control Module to control the locking.

What you can try is unplug that connector from the actuator and see if the door locks activate.
If they do activate, check one of the passenger doors to see if it's locked or unlocked.

Next, use a short link wire to bridge the black and green wires on the connector.
Insert the bare ends of the wire into the slots on the connector that the terminals on the actuator fit into.
If doing that makes the door locks activate again, recheck the passenger door to see if it's locked or unlocked.
Now remove the link wire and see if the locks activate again.

Hopefully, inserting the link wire will make the locks work one way and removing the link will make them work the other way (lock & unlock). Take a note of what makes the passenger door lock. Does it lock with the link inserted or removed. You need to know that so you know how to wire your remote control unit.

If the locks don't activate in either of the above checks, you might need to remove the driver's door pin switch and try again. On some cars the Body Control Module wont activate the door locks unless all the doors are closed. Removing the door pin switch will make the BCM think the driver's door is closed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I managed to find the wires that open and close the actuator, it locate under the steering wheel(picture below).
I connect the to wires and its working perfect.
Now i have another tiny problem, my keyless system comes with two brown wires that gives positive when locking and unlocking (turn signal), but i only find the wires that need negative wires.
Am i in the wrong harness?
How do i check which wire need positive without connecting random wires to 12v

Attachments

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
Well done for finding the locking control wires.

I assume the negative turn signal wires you've found are on the input side of the BCM. You need to find the wires on the output. The positive outputs that make the lamps light.

I'm not familiar with the car but you will probably find the outputs on the dashboard fusebox. The harness connectors are usually marked on the fusebox, so look for the "FLOOR" harness. The wires that power the rear lamps should be on that connector. Switch the turn signals on and use a test lamp/12V bulb to find the wires that send power to the rear turn signals.

·
Registered
15,313 Posts
Can't find it.
I guess that my turn signal light already gets a positive voltage and the handle only gives a negative voltage.
What do you think?
I think that is extremely unlikely.

Why not turn on the hazard lights then check for a pulsing voltage at one of the lamps on each side of the car. Take a note of the wire colours then go back and see if you can find those colours on one of the fusebox connectors. If you can't find them there, you should find them in the loom leading to the rear lamps. That will be behind one of the front footwell trims.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You are right, the turn signal lights don't get permanently 12v.
i found the wire that gives the 12v pulse near the bulb, and i cant find the same wire inside the car.
where can i get the wiring diagram?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts