Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Worrying? the other day, i left the key at home by accident after starting it to let it warm up since it is **** cold up here (-30c/-22f).. i drove to my destination without my key! ofcourse i couldn't start it back up without it.

is there no safety measure in place? is it programmable? or anyone can just take the car off my driveway?

·
Registered
863 Posts
For my Santa Fe if I do that anyone can drive off, just won't be able to restart it. The Santa Fe has a very loud tone that goes off as soon as I close the door and the key is not in the car with it running. Also, the center display of the instrument cluster states the key is not in the vehicle. If you use the remote start (if equipped or through Blue Link) the doors will stay locked and the car will shut off after about 10 minutes of idling if the car is not unlocked. The car will shut off within about 15 seconds if the door is opened and the key is not detected.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Here is a clip about keyless aswell. This is not only for Santa Fee or Tucson, I think this is for every keyless car.

·
Registered
3,729 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts