Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem like a stupid question, I'll try explain as best as I can, first the key is stuck in acc position, second the shifter will shift without pressing on the brake. Does anyone know if there could be a correlation between the two???

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The Hyundai dealer here says there is no relationship between the ignition switch and the shifter but clearly according to the diagram there is.any suggestions??

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Put the gear selector into park
Make sure the indicator lights show park
Turn key to take out
Sometimes must push key in slightly to release key while turning

·
Registered
541 Posts
The Hyundai dealer here says there is no relationship between the ignition switch and the shifter but clearly according to the diagram there is.any suggestions??
was that over the phone? Or did they look at it? Was it a technician ?

I could be wrong of course and what I put up may not be fitted to your region but it's either a mechanical or electrical interlock

·
Registered
541 Posts
Here's the parts breakdown image, US market . I can clearly see it's cable shift lock. I'd be removing the shifter surround and checking it's not broken. If the shifter can move freely then the lock mechanism is likely stuck in the car run position, the key barrel waiting to see the cable return to park before allowing the key to be removed. So lets assume the cable has snapped with interlock disabled, that in theory explains the correlation between the 2 events.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts