Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I purchased my I believe I should have been given the key numbers is that correct as they were not given to me.How do I now get them.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
There is usually a little tag attached to the key ring with a bar code on it. The key number should be on that tag. Sometimes the tag is removed from the key ring and placed in the wallet along with the owner manuals, etc.

If the tag is missing the dealer should be able to get the key number from the factory if you give them the chassis number of the car, but sometimes there is a charge for that. Whether the dealer will cover the cost or not will probably depend on whether your car was brand new or used and how long ago you purchased it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I purchased it three weeks ago and it is a 17 plate model and I definitely do not have the number.I do not fancy phoning the dealer as I have done that twice for two different problems and have spoken on both occasions to the salesman who handled our sale.He was very nice when we were in the showroom filling out all the paperwork but when I spoke to him on the phone he was quite the opposite could not wait to put the phone down.I was hoping on the second call I would speak to someone else.We never had the handover session where we are told about all the features so have arranged with Hyundai to go to another dealer later today and they will go through all the features with me.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,269 Posts
have spoken on both occasions to the salesman who handled our sale.He was very nice when we were in the showroom filling out all the paperwork but when I spoke to him on the phone he was quite the opposite could not wait to put the phone down.
Having worked in a few dealerships I can tell you that's pretty typical car salesman behavior. Once you've signed on the dotted line and they've secured their commission, they don't want to know you.

The sales department has done their job and sold you the car. They've got your money and wont be interested in you now. You'd probably be better dealing with the service department at this point. Your still worth money to them, even if the money comes from their own sales department rather than you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts