Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the car couple of months ago now, and only noticed this tonight when I was coming out of work. I was talking to someone, got distracted, and opened my driverside door without hitting unlock on the fob.

good news is, the alarm works A-Okay. no problems there. But the fob seems to do everything except lock the door (alarm on, alarm off, panic button, remote start.) I attempted locking the door with the fob, to make sure I actually did lock it to begin with, and no luck. same result.

I've only now thought to lock it manually to test whether the unlock button actually works, or if that only works for the alarm, too.

anyone had issues with this before? My first thought is it could be a relay but I'm not much of a car person, so not too sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Try changing the battery in the fob.... I've had bizarre symptoms that went away with a new fob battery..... YMMV.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
16,952 Posts
My first thought is it could be a relay
Does the central locking lock/unlock all the doors if you operate the locking manually without using the remote? If so the problem is unlikely to be a relay.

liamsengland said:
I've only now thought to lock it manually to test whether the unlock button actually works, or if that only works for the alarm, too.
What was the result of that test. Is the remote able to unlock the doors?

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Had a 2014 SFS, wife forget something in the back passenger door and opened it. But I just locked the doors.

Found out the door lock was bad on that door. Could not lock from inside either. Warranty, took a few days to get the part.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts