Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Own a 2017 Hyundai Tucson Sport T.

Key fob detached from the metal key inside and fell off somewhere. I went to only one place and back and checked both places with no luck. Here is the odd thing, I know the key fob needs to be near the driver seat to turn on. The car will turn on even if the secondary key fob is over 30 feet away. This makes me think the key fob is in the car, but I have turned it upside down 5 times already. I was wondering if anyone knows if this is possible some how caused by me first initially "unlocking" the car from 30 feet away?

1. From my house doorway I unlock the vehicle and leave the key fob inside. ( I cannot unlock the door any other way, which means I cannot manually unlock it with the door handle button)
2. Walk to car and get in and close door.
3. Wait 5 seconds, just because???
4. Turn on car "AC" and wait 5 seconds
5. Successfully turn on car and able to drive around the block

Wouldnt me being able to start the car and drive away mean the key fob is in the car? I am able to stop and start the car repeatedly, but i only do that when in the drive way, as I do not want to get stranded down the street.

Appreciate any help so I can either come to terms that the key fob is missing and I should spend the money for a replacement or it may still be there and I shouldnt give up.

·
Registered
170 Posts
It would seem to me that the key fob is in the car. If my car is running and I open the driver's door and step out i e mediately get the noise that the key fob is not in the car.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
207 Posts
Check between the seat and the median tunnel. The space is very tight and it might be resting on the seat rails.
I can absolutely 100% NOT turn the car to ACC / ON / ignition when I don't have the key on me.
Also I can't lock the doors using key #2 when key #1 is in the car

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Try to lock the car with the door button. If you get the long beep, the fob is in the car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts