Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the SE, do you have to press the lock button twice in order to activate the alarm? I notice that when you press it once, it locks the doors and the red light comes on. When you press twice then it will start blinking.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 14 2010, 11:42 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323036
On the SE, do you have to press the lock button twice in order to activate the alarm? I notice that when you press it once, it locks the doors and the red light comes on. When you press twice then it will start blinking.
I'm not sure about using the FOB. Honestly, I never take mine out of my pocket (which rocks). I just use the button on the door handle. Anyway, when I lock the door, the red light goes steady-on for ~20 seconds or so, then starts blinking.

·
Registered
589 Posts
Well, that red light blinks all the time in my car, even with the car unlocked. Must be for something else too. Or maybe it blinks at a different rate when 'armed'.

Hey, does this car even have an alarm? My M3 doesn't; you need to buy the 'alarm kit' and have dealer code it. I don't even see a hood switch on this car, so at least the hood is not protected. But with a coded key, it's very hard to steal the car without keys. Some people say it's possible to steal BMWs with the 'smart key', but that has never happened in the US for what I've read. Not worried about that at all.

·
Registered
185 Posts
QUOTE (elp_jc @ May 15 2010, 03:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323174
Well, that red light blinks all the time in my car, even with the car unlocked. Must be for something else too. Or maybe it blinks at a different rate when 'armed'.

Hey, does this car even have an alarm? My M3 doesn't; you need to buy the 'alarm kit' and have dealer code it. I don't even see a hood switch on this car, so at least the hood is not protected. But with a coded key, it's very hard to steal the car without keys. Some people say it's possible to steal BMWs with the 'smart key', but that has never happened in the US for what I've read. Not worried about that at all.

Roll your window down, arm the car (lock it while you are outside of it, then reach in to the inside and open the door from the inside and see what happens.
I doubt there is a glass smash sensor

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
On the side of the window, there is a sticker saying equipped with hyundai security. Opening the door should trigger the alarm since there is a pin switch in the door. The only way to test the window breakage sensor is to either tap hard on the glass and see if it gives a warning beep or goes off. Just be careful no to tap too hard or you might break the window all together.

·
Registered
255 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 15 2010, 04:36 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323209
On the side of the window, there is a sticker saying equipped with hyundai security. Opening the door should trigger the alarm since there is a pin switch in the door. The only way to test the window breakage sensor is to either tap hard on the glass and see if it gives a warning beep or goes off. Just be careful no to tap too hard or you might break the window all together.

Opening the door from the inside while having the window down will trigger the alarm. Even if someone breaks the window and doesn't set off the alarm the car will still go into panic mode once they start messing with anything on the inside if they manage to start it up.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE (vewdew @ May 15 2010, 02:31 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323057
I'm not sure about using the FOB. Honestly, I never take mine out of my pocket (which rocks). I just use the button on the door handle. Anyway, when I lock the door, the red light goes steady-on for ~20 seconds or so, then starts blinking.
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know I can lock my car by just pressing the black button. You are also right about the red light, it does stay on for 20 seconds then blinks....I guess I was doing it right from the get go.

I don't know if anyone knows this already, but pressing the black button twice on your door handles unlocks all of your doors.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (SilverNitrate @ May 16 2010, 07:10 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323341
Thanks for the tip. I didn't know I can lock my car by just pressing the black button. You are also right about the red light, it does stay on for 20 seconds then blinks....I guess I was doing it right from the get go.

I don't know if anyone knows this already, but pressing the black button twice on your door handles unlocks all of your doors.
You can also change this behavior in the car settings menu using the trip/reset buttons on the steering wheel. I have mine set to unlock everything on the first push (cuz I'm lazy).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts