Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a tiburon and replaced the battery in my key fob because it was dead, but the fob wont work on the car. i searched on how to program it to your car by putting it in the ignition and turning to acc, then holding down the unlock until the parking lights flash, but it didnt work. Is there any other way to program the remote? Before i look into buying a new one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you know the remote works and doing the way you already spoke about doesn't work you might call the dealer and see if they can help before buying a new one.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I had the same problem with my 06 Tib and I did everything as you mentioned. Nothing worked. So i went to dealer and they told me it could be the remote, or the receiver/controller unit in the car. They said i would have to pay 1 hour labour for diagnostic ($120) just to determine what is the problem. If is was remote it would be another $150 and if it was controller then it was be like $350 or something outrageous, so I took things into my own hands. I went to aliexpress and bought an aftermarket keyless entry system for $20 and installed it myself.

Keyless entry system Car Remote Central Lock Remote Controllers Lock Unlock Trunk open function CE Certification Free shipping-in Alarm Systems & Security from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com

Also by doing this i was able to get the switch blade flip key for my new remote. They have others that are just the remote fob so you don't have to mess with the key. Also i gained trunk release by doing so as my original remote didn't have it. It is a bit of work finding all of the wires to tap in and there was a relay needed on the locking mechanism that I had to wire but well worth it. I had to cut open the original key to get the immobilizer chip out and put in the remote. I brought the keyblade to Walmart and the guy cut it for free. Oh yeah, the US version does not have the chip in the key for your year so you only need to get the blade cut.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Take remote to service aisle.. ask fella to go fetch yellow RF Detector tool to check your remote.. See if remote has RF output..

If it does, have them plug in GDS and program remote to car..

Suppose you could visit parts counter and have part guy get tool to inspect for RF output..

·
Registered
12 Posts
my fob is slightly broken so it goes out all the time. to re program i put the key in turn to acc and then press the lock button on the fob. sometimes it doesn't work. so i wait and press it again. keep releasing, pressing. eventually the doors will lock and the hazards blink. then it's programmed. turn the key back to off. take it out and test it. should work. if it's the same key fob. a reprogram is for a new fob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts