Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several weeks ago I began having problems with my key fobs for my 08 Veracruz. Initially I believed that my problems were with the battery in the fob but both have been replaced. It is almost as if the car does not recognize the fob. It started but not allowing me to lock or unlock the doors with the button on the handle. Then it got to where I couldn't lock or unlock with the buttons on the fob. Now it has gotten to where the only way to start the car is to actually put the fob in the ignition. It doesn't work for either fob and I have changed batteries in both. Any ideas for a fix? I'd really rather not take it to a dealer. Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had this similar problem on my 08 VC minus the lock/unlock on the FOB buttons which are working fine. Mine progressed to the point that inserting the FOB in the ignition has also stopped working (started out as yours and the eventually both FOBs stopped turning the ignition)
I took mine to the dealer and they did a sloppy job (IMO) to diagnose the problem - what they said is that I have to replace the ignition switch ($1K+) and the antenna coil - they also said that there did not find any codes in the system.
For mine, if you keep depressing the ignition long enough it will eventually (sometimes up to a minute) click and turn the car on.
I posted a few times asking for help on this but no one replied

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have an '07 Veracruz, having the same issue. I can lock/unlock with both fobs but most of the time I have to put the fob in the ignition to get it to turn. Sometimes I can get it to work without putting the fob in but now it's pretty much 100% of the time I have to put the fob in. I haven't taken it to the dealer yet. I can live with putting the fob into the ignition but my biggest concern is that this will stop working as well. The odd thing is that I had no problems like this before, just one day I had to start doing this. I haven't had a lot of issues with the car but the ones I have are just really odd ones.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you find a fix to your issue? I'm having the very same issue with one of the fobs and can still lock/unlock the car from the button on the fob but not from the door, start the car if I put the fob in the ignition. Replaced the battery and same issue. But other fob works fine when I bring the other fob into the car able to turn ignition and start car.
Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm also having some FOB problems. I thought it was also the battery so I switched over to my other FOB which has a much newer battery and same problems. The car does not recognize being locked/unlocked via FOB and sometimes have to stand right next to it, once it starts working though, distance is not a problem. The button on the driver side no longer works, but passenger side always works. I have no problems with the ignition, can still start without having to insert the FOB in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm also having some FOB problems. I thought it was also the battery so I switched over to my other FOB which has a much newer battery and same problems. The car does not recognize being locked/unlocked via FOB and sometimes have to stand right next to it, once it starts working though, distance is not a problem. The button on the driver side no longer works, but passenger side always works. I have no problems with the ignition, can still start without having to insert the FOB in.
I have had the same issues that you described. The FOB was unlocking the vehicle from shorter and shorter distances (regardless of battery changes) and now it no longer can unlock the car electronically. Did you ever get this issue fixed or diagnosed?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello - Did someone ever got an answer to the posts above ? My car is dong the same thing. Key FOB works for everyting except for the start button ( in fact the Starter twist) .. I can open doors, tailgate, alarm etc... One thing I noticed is that the alarm light blinks even if I unlock the car and enter it .. Batteries are Duracell brand new for BOTH keys.. I also would be happy if someone could point to me where is the sensor for these keys.. I can turn 1 every 10 times.. Not sure if it is a bad sensor / antenna...

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'll toss this out there because it MAY have something to do with PBS / Remote start.

There was a battery drain that was quite elusive. Would drain your battery flat. Some did it, some didn't.
Finally a mechanic using a thermal camera, found the alarm sensor hood switch glowing hot. I believe there's a TSB on it.

Perhaps,.... If that switch is bad, the PCM sees the hood as open and that would block remote start.

Thinking out loud. -PC

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had this similar problem on my 08 VC minus the lock/unlock on the FOB buttons which are working fine. Mine progressed to the point that inserting the FOB in the ignition has also stopped working (started out as yours and the eventually both FOBs stopped turning the ignition)
I took mine to the dealer and they did a sloppy job (IMO) to diagnose the problem - what they said is that I have to replace the ignition switch ($1K+) and the antenna coil - they also said that there did not find any codes in the system.
For mine, if you keep depressing the ignition long enough it will eventually (sometimes up to a minute) click and turn the car on.
I posted a few times asking for help on this but no one replied
I noticed that mine won't turn to start sometimes, back in the days of keys you would pull on the steering wheel as you turned the key (ignition) switch. Workede for me

1 - 9 of 9 Posts