Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

We had a factory command start installed in our 2010 Tucson (We live in Canada) and because of this we have a 4 button FOB (lock, unlock, remote start, panic). The Remote Start and Panic buttons work fine but the Lock/Unlock buttons don't work. The lock/unlock buttons will work eventually but it could take several minutes of pressing. The door lock buttons on the interior of the car work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brent

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Hi All,

We had a factory command start installed in our 2010 Tucson (We live in Canada) and because of this we have a 4 button FOB (lock, unlock, remote start, panic). The Remote Start and Panic buttons work fine but the Lock/Unlock buttons don't work. The lock/unlock buttons will work eventually but it could take several minutes of pressing. The door lock buttons on the interior of the car work fine.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Brent
Stand next to the vehicle and press the unlock button. Can you hear anything happening in the door? If you press and hold the button does it unlock? If not, how many times do you have to press the button before it unlocks?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stand next to the vehicle and press the unlock button. Can you hear anything happening in the door? If you press and hold the button does it unlock? If not, how many times do you have to press the button before it unlocks?
Nothing happens, the actuator does not fire. There is no real number, I've pressed it 10 times and on the 10th time and it works and have pressed it upwards of 50 times and nothing. I do notice however, if it does work it will keep firing the actuator
on the presses immediately following.

The same symptoms exist for the lock button as well BUT the remote start/panic buttons always work on the first attempt.

Brent

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Nothing happens, the actuator does not fire. There is no real number, I've pressed it 10 times and on the 10th time and it works and have pressed it upwards of 50 times and nothing. I do notice however, if it does work it will keep firing the actuator
on the presses immediately following.

The same symptoms exist for the lock button as well BUT the remote start/panic buttons always work on the first attempt.

Brent
That fob has a bad switch. Need a receiver to verify. Go to the dealer and they should check it for free. They have a small receiver box that will show if the fob is sending the signal and how strong it is.

·
Read Only
1 Posts
That fob has a bad switch. Need a receiver to verify. Go to the dealer and they should check it for free. They have a small receiver box that will show if the fob is sending the signal and how strong it is.
2017 Tucson
I have the same issue if next to the doors it works, couple feet away it does not. Dealership changed both FOB batteries and reprogram. Before leaving the dealer we checked from a distance and it worked 15 miles later at home it did not. I sent a video to them showing them. They do not know what’s wrong. I already have issues with the transmission so it’s just another frustrating issue with this car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts